State of the roads near you

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I think the mild winter has meant there are much fewer potholes.

Our roads around here are still in a pitiful state but they at least don't seem to be much worse after the winter compared to before unlike last year.

What's the situation where you are then?

Roads are not very good down here in East London, some potholes still remain unrepaired from last years big frost. Even one of the main artery roads into central London which is barely two miles from Westminster - Lower Thames St & Upper Thames Street are more like a car manufacturers proving road for rough terrain suspension setups! :blink:

My mum did it the other year to my Focus.
I'd only had it 10 months. :sad2:

turbonutter69-albums-my-cars-picture2761-damage.jpg

And the culprit.

turbonutter69-albums-my-cars-picture2760-sodding-hole.jpg

What makes it worse Big T is that it happened chrstmas day.
I'd been in the pub most of the day then had dinner at my mums and that happened on the way to taking me home.
Had to change the wheel half cut. :confused:

Was up around surrey yesterday,some of the roads up there are really bad!hit one pothole!,dont know how it didnt do my wheel and tyre in!.

Things have picked up here, the roads are still bad but better than they were, at least the main roads have been properly resurfaced. It's the minor side roads that are full of potholes and cracks.

Well they haven't improved one of the main roads by me! But they have put a slow down, uneven Road sign up wich has helped loads, so instead of doing the posted national speed limit 40mph. It must have changed without competent drivers being notified? So now the majority of driver's are now doing 30mph. And this is no lie I witnessed a lorry actually overtake a car doing this the other day! I really can't comprehend how bad the majority of drivers out there are!