Stacking spacers

illestalive

Car
BMW E91 320D 2008
So anyone have experience on stacking wheel pcd adapter spacers with normal spacers?

Concept: I have 5x120/5x114.3 20mm adapters, these allow me to have reasonable small camber, which is needed since i have to drive 70km everyday to school. But at summer when i dont have to drive to school, i would like to have my wheels more out, maybe add like 10mm spacer.

My options are basically buy another set of adapters (~400$) or stack spacers. But im concerned of the reliability of stacking spacers.

Hello and welcome |B

If you want to live to grow old like me then do not do what you are thinking of doing .V(

My advise is to fit wheels with the ET or offset that will give you the look you are wanting.

Fitting spacers is illegal in my country so check the rules before you make mods to ensure that your insurance will still cover you in the event of a crash.

ALWAYS check the modification rules as well as notify your comprehensive insurance company and get approval BEFORE doing any mods.

So anyone have experience on stacking wheel pcd adapter spacers with normal spacers?

Concept: I have 5x120/5x114.3 20mm adapters, these allow me to have reasonable small camber, which is needed since i have to drive 70km everyday to school. But at summer when i dont have to drive to school, i would like to have my wheels more out, maybe add like 10mm spacer.

My options are basically buy another set of adapters (~400$) or stack spacers. But im concerned of the reliability of stacking spacers.
Exactly what @TCJBOLDIE said, again check local laws because here in the UK up to 25mm is acceptable as long as the tyre does not protrude outside the wheel arches, meaning there is a shed load of extra work involved. Also adding spacers adds an incredible amount of extra load and stress onto wheel bearings and suspension joint. Don't quote because I left engineer college 40+ years ago and my brain is not so hot but if memory serves me well, something like every 25mm spacer squares the load on the
hub bearing. So if you have a 200kg load on a wheel which is transfered to the hub bearing, and you move the centre of the load further out by adding spacers to the 25mm mark you increase the load on the hub bearing to a massive 40,000kg. Hub bearings are not designed to carry the extra loading in this manner, and it's not just the downward load you are increasing, you are increasing the pivot point of the load (the moment) this is effectively increasing the leverage upon the bearing.