squeaks and rattles.

Jakeymd

The Torque Meister
Car
Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi
What do you do with noisy interior?
I have a squeak that seems to come from the rear seats, the dashboard rattles and so does the passenger door arm rest.

Finding the source while driving along isn the easiest so how do you go about making your car nice and quiet

I have similar issues Jake, since the huge power upgrade on the beast and the additional poly bushes fitted, more squeaks and rattles have come to the fold now! Not a problem, just tackle them one at a time until they are gone. If you attempt them all at once it will drive you crazy, ask me how I know? :embarrest:

Concentrate on one - fix it - move onto the next one! :)

Its effectively brand spanking new Jake! If there was any squeaks or rattles on it then 1, Vauxhall should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and 2, I think TN would have verbally slapped them down so hard and so far that the service manager would have to reach upwards to tie his shoelaces ;)

depends on what the squeak rattle is coming from. could be just a bad bit of trim that needs padded out to stop it rubbing even if its tightened up fully.
trying to find whwere they are coming from is more fun

Well if i press down on the dash that stops rattling and if i pull the door handle that stop rattling. Might try some grease on the seat catches to see if that helps. Also ill take all the stuff out of my boot.