Sports saloons

They're not so much heavier than others nowadays. But then you can't even buy a Mondeo with a 1.6 any longer.

Modern cars have got heavy - I used to have a Montego that weighed in at just under a ton (about 980kg) yet the 406 is a massive 1510kg. They're much more strongly built than Peugeots of old though. This is no bad thing. 205s are scarily flimsy

They're not so much heavier than others nowadays. But then you can't even buy a Mondeo with a 1.6 any longer.

Modern cars have got heavy - I used to have a Montego that weighed in at just under a ton (about 980kg) yet the 406 is a massive 1510kg. They're much more strongly built than Peugeots of old though. This is no bad thing. 205s are scarily flimsy

I once had a 205 diesel and it was a great runner and even handled well. But most of the panel sounded like they was gonna come off while driving....

Ever tried shutting the door with your knee? It'll leave a dent even if your gentle.

No but I know someone who had an accident in 1 with a rottweiler and the car came off worst believe it or not. It wrecked the front bumper, grill, slam panel, radiator burst,the wing crumpled and so did the bonnet. The dog wasn't badly hurt I think it had a broken leg and that was it. Impact was only at about 15-20mph.

agree with you all about the beemers a mate of mine once bought a bmw 518i he only had it about a month or so then got rid of it for a lot less than he paid for it he couldnt believe how gutless it was if you want a bmw dont go any lower than a 2 litre as most of them weigh over a ton and the poor little engines cant handle it wish i could afford an M5 but will have to put up with my 525i until i win the lottery or a rich relative mentions me in thier will LOL.

I did once see a Mk IV Cortina with a 4.7 litre v8 shoehorned in. Must be lethal with that live rear axle
M8 put a 350 chev into a MK5 Cortina from the dump and that's the engine and all the parts from dump, my m8 was pretty resilient he could change car tyres at the gas station with some 4x2's and *#*#*#*# hahaha