Sports saloons

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
What is everyone favourite Sports Saloon? My is the E30 Bmw M3. Purely because of the looks, handling and the power. They are truly awesome cars but whats your favourite sports saloon car?
Check these m3's how nice do they look.

Attachments

• M3_Kaup02.jpg
    M3_Kaup02.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 2
Yes, good choice and have to agree with you there, awesome cars. There were two genuine ones at Brands Hatch when I was there.

However there are so many, what makes it the best? The M3 was lhd and very costly.

The M3's are good but the rare Alpina conversions is better.

What about a nice AMG Merc?

The Nissan GTR should count as the ultimate Sports Saloon IMHO.

ford sierra cosworth, the 4 door saloon.
vauxhall vectra VXR (or opel OPC)
and the newest vauxhall done with the engine of the monaro, a saloon, don't remember the name.
also the subaru impreza.

Is it the VXR8? I saw a red one at the dealership the other day, it looks the business.

that's a very cool car. the deal is, going the american way, offering cheap cars with V8 engines. and by the way the monaro looks more cool then the pontac GTO (which is the same car actually). the manaro is a monaro with 4 doors.
cheap car, hot base engine to build. if i was working abroad, i would do anything to get a monaro vxr8 500. that's my type of car, muscle.

I've have driven a couple of 'em (Sierra Cosworth's, that is) and the original 3dr tea tray one was a brutally race prepared example. The most impressive bit was the braking. No pedal travel at all, and a very stiff pedal at that. But, the anchoring up at 80mph was like driving into a concrete wall. You didn;t need your nose to hit the windscreen for it to bleed.

The other one was a sapphire 4 dr derivate. Not very special really. If you're going to endure a Ford then it has to be either supremely comfortable or supremely quick. This was neither.

I've have driven a couple of 'em (Sierra Cosworth's, that is) and the original 3dr tea tray one was a brutally race prepared example. The most impressive bit was the braking. No pedal travel at all, and a very stiff pedal at that. But, the anchoring up at 80mph was like driving into a concrete wall. You didn;t need your nose to hit the windscreen for it to bleed.

The other one was a sapphire 4 dr derivate. Not very special really. If you're going to endure a Ford then it has to be either supremely comfortable or supremely quick. This was neither.

I've drove 1 4wd sapphire cosworth an it was quick but i've drove more than 1 rwd version an all of them was extremely quick. Maybe not by today's standard but back in their day they was very quick indeed there was much back then that could keep up. I'm a Ford man in all honesty (shouldn't admit that i know). So I am gonna stick up for old Henry Ford.:D
Does no one like the Evo range then? It's not been mentioned?
Also Bentley Continental GT for anyone?

GT would suffice if I had a six figure sum handly to spend on a car.

In this strange modern world diesels are gaining popularity for their performance alone. I hated the things for years. Noisy, rough running etc. THe one thing that older diesels did not do is emit smoke and soot. Perhaps a step too far, too late?

But then, find me a petrol car that can manage 38+mpg and accelerate in the gears like my current Pug does.

With all the forthcoming emissions legislation it hardly seems worthwhile. Buy a 3litre plus V6 petrol and enjoy it that way with it's 30,000 mile servicing requirements and 88p/litre fuel.

I like the Lotus Carlton too. I think it's still the fastest production saloon car, on the grounds that faster cars have come and gone but they've been limited to 155 MPH in standard guise.

and theres nothing right with them either lol:D
you can get a skyline engine in 1 thats a good thing aint it mate
DSCF3366.jpg

DSCF3365.jpg

Not driven the latest M5 so can't comment personally. But it's likely to be supreme in its abilities. TO be honest, who needs a Ferrari when you can have the same performance in quiet comfort?