Sportage Sat Nav update

powerdesal

Car
Kia Sportage CRDI
Hi,

I have a 2009 Sportage Crdi with a clarion satnav as OE equiptment. Does anyone have an idea how to update the satnav?
I know its something to do with updating a memory card on computer then down loading to the satnav but, as my manuals are in French ( French car, living in France) and my technical French is pretty bad I need help in English - anyone ????????

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Are you quite sure about the memory card? a search has located some of these machines had DVD discs with the map information preloaded onto them.

Hi,

Yes, sure.

Selecting the update option on the menu requests ''insert card'', my wife bought a blank card when she collected the car from the dealer ( I was away in a sandy place at the time) but thats as far as we now know.

The European map system continues to work ok but, being almost 3 years old really needs an update.

Ok then, I will do some more digging for you! In the meantime maybe a Kia owner might come along with the answer.

An update on my question, Clarion, the makers of the satnav have said an update CD is available at a cost of GBP 350 !!!!!!

As the 'new' update is listed as 'September 2009' I think I will pass on their offer. I could get a couple of new satnav units for that money, although obviously not built in as the original one is.

A three year old map is not such a big deal anyway.

an update CD is available at a cost of GBP 350 !!!!!!

That's just highway robbery pure and simple! :sad2:

Where the dickens were you with this information Yugguy in December last year when I bought my disc? Saab wanted £475 plus the vodka and tonic!! :amazed:
When I lost the plot over the phone the price came down to £182.40 including from Whitmores Saab in Kent. Unbelievable!!!!! :sad2:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back