speeds?

cheryl_88

Torque Junkie
was jus curious what people had had out of thier corsas? mine doesnt seem to go over 100, pushin it i had 108, but this isnt normal for a 1.4, as i drove a saxo and got 115, easy. any ideas y mine wont move?

I presume this is on a track cos it's pretty dodgy to be doin that on the road 100mph = 6month ban!! :shock:

The Saxo is quite light and the Corsa is less aero dynamic. Depending on what Saxo it was the VTS is very quick - ask Freddie who swears by them. At those speeds you need everything in good condition and a recent service helps. Wheel bearings can slow a car down but I think it is more likely to be a wind issue or the Saxo's speedo is reading 10% under which make them about the same.

yes on a track! lol. its jus a furio, so really it should be about the same, but it beats mine top end everytime. i suppose that because i have a body kit, it slows it down! more weight, i jus want more out of it, im bord of the same speed!

The gearing is probably lower in your car so you'll beat him to 60 - thats wehere it counts especially on our croweded roads. You could get a lower ratio gearbox to make the car accelerate quicker but that will reduce the top end even more.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back