Speeding!

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
Right, I think it is a bit of honesty time. There have been a few threads about speeding and what not, so here is your time to come clean and let others know if you have been a bad boy/girl or not!

Also, let others know what you were done by, this way, we know what to look out for!!! :D

Ill start us off.

Got done by a mobile speed van, doing 85 on a 60 in 2007 in North Scotland!

Got the usual 3 points and £60 donation to the policeman's ball. :sad2:

got done on the A9 for doing 76mph on the Dunblane bypass - 60 quid and 3 points, about 10 years ago. Done by a Camera Van on the south bound carriageway - the damn thing has almost taken up residence, it is now their at least two days a week.

Am waiting for the post to see if i was done in the past two weeks.

got done on the A9 for doing 76mph on the Dunblane bypass - 60 quid and 3 points, about 10 years ago. Done by a Camera Van on the south bound carriageway - the damn thing has almost taken up residence, it is now their at least two days a week.

Am waiting for the post to see if i was done in the past two weeks.

:lol: That bugger is always there, you need to watch just as your commin off the north bypass, as they will sit in a bush and clock you for slowing back down to 60!!

Most I've ever got done for is 98mph on a deserted M61 in the small hours, back in 2003.

Copper asked me why I was going so fast. "Metallica", I said.

had an ordinary SP30 back in 2002, cant remember why.

Haven't had anything since.

I don't speed...

Never! Like Prince I never speed on public roads !

i know we dont condone speeding on here!!!
but this is a little hypocritical cause everyone breaks the speed limit!!! even if by 1-10mph, so therefore they are speeding;)

i got this 1 a couple of years ago
DSC00236.jpg

but got away with no points or fine;)

I got 3 points and £60 fine for doing 96 m.p.h. on the A38 in Devon a couple of years ago. I was on the way back from Birmingham and had tickets to see Billy Connoly that night in Plymouth, and i was late :sad2:. I really didn't want to be walking in, the seats were in the fifth row, when he had already started.
Got there, sat down and he walked on stage, that was close. :lol::lol:

A few years earlier i got 3 points/£100 for doint 108.49 on the M5 through Somerset. That was on my bike. Oh well.

Although i like a spirited drive i will not race anyone on the roads, i will not ever drive over the speed limit in a 30/40/50, i will definitely not ever drink/drive.

4th,June ,2000 @ 8.41am on the A130(Essex Regiment Way)Got done @ 81mph in a 60mph zone.My speedo in the car of the moment(Volvo S40T4)showed 90mph).PHEW.3 Points/£60 fine.

Well,I was late for work for gods sake.:embarrest:

Haven't had a SP30 since 1993. Got clobbered in April - £40 and three points. Hercies Road, Uxbridge - NW London.

In September same year nearly got a ticket on A4010 (Kingsbury, NW London) for allegedly driving at 46mph in a 30mph zone. Not a camera one but a roadside FPN.

I declined the conditional offer of fixed penalty at the roadside and asked that the matter be dealt with by a court as I knew full well I was driving within the posted limit. I also know that without a photograph and corroborating evidence it's worthless them pursuing it.

Police officer abandoned it at the roadside and off I went.

I did quite a bit of reading into speeding back when I thought I'd been caught- just to know what to prepare for- I ended up finding out that as long as you're a social engineer and it's a sunny day- the copper at the side of the road is full off s**t and you can usually respond confidently with the "prove-it in court" front and drive away.

I did quite a bit of reading into speeding back when I thought I'd been caught- just to know what to prepare for- I ended up finding out that as long as you're a social engineer and it's a sunny day- the copper at the side of the road is full off s**t and you can usually respond confidently with the "prove-it in court" front and drive away.

Be careful. The police are availing themelves of ever greater rights and privileges in order to enforce speeding penalties. Many dislike speed enforcement duties.

Not because they [Police Officers] are bastards - they're not. They're not full of #!#!#!#!e either. Over about 10-15 years or so speeding has been reported as being the root cause of nearly all road traffic collisions. Sometimes wrongly. So if you do feel you've been challenged unjustly then you must pursue a course of action to defend yourself.

In some cases it is absolutely true [that speed is a significant contributory factor] because many drivers over-estimate their own driving ability and have an artificial feeling or even belief that they're in control of a vehicle when in fact they are not.

But the reality is that over 95% of RTCs can reliably be attributed to driver error. Dial in inflated road speeds and things get ever more dangerous.

Be careful. The police are availing themelves of ever greater rights and privileges in order to enforce speeding penalties. Many dislike speed enforcement duties.

Not because they [Police Officers] are bastards - they're not. They're not full of #!#!#!#!e either. Over about 10-15 years or so speeding has been reported as being the root cause of nearly all road traffic collisions. Sometimes wrongly. So if you do feel you've been challenged unjustly then you must pursue a course of action to defend yourself.

In some cases it is absolutely true [that speed is a significant contributory factor] because many drivers over-estimate their own driving ability and have an artificial feeling or even belief that they're in control of a vehicle when in fact they are not.

But the reality is that over 95% of RTCs can reliably be attributed to driver error. Dial in inflated road speeds and things get ever more dangerous.

Don't get me wrong- I don't actually speed anymore and I'm all up for people driving at the speed limit- after all the speed limits are for a reason- and like you said, there are people with inflated and twisted realities that are blissfully unaware that they're not God- but I have experienced people I know being pestered and intimidated by the police (not traffic police might I add) for speeding that they simply WEREN'T doing at the time!

Don't get me wrong- I don't actually speed anymore and I'm all up for people driving at the speed limit- after all the speed limits are for a reason- and like you said, there are people with inflated and twisted realities that are blissfully unaware that they're not God- but I have experienced people I know being pestered and intimidated by the police (not traffic police might I add) for speeding that they simply WEREN'T doing at the time!

I, too, have had two (and only that many, no more) 'discussions' at the roadside where I've disputed the opinion of a police officer. In both situations it was all settled amicably in the same way as you say.

They're not out to get you, nor me, personally.

I'm not a great advocate of exceeding speed limits and generally abide by them. But. like many, I have no guilt when I've pushed into the high 90's for a few seconds whilst passing a stream of HGVs interspaced with cars when the opportunity presents itself.

It's better to make swift and safe overtaking moves than to struggle by at exactly the posted limit.

Of course, if you're going to use higher speeds you need to be acutely aware of what you're doing. But you know this, as do most on this forum. No-one joins a forum such as this if they're blissfully unaware and have no interest in driving safely, swiftly and purposefully.

Kind rgds,

Paul Anderson.

I, too, have had two (and only that many, no more) 'discussions' at the roadside where I've disputed the opinion of a police officer. In both situations it was all settled amicably in the same way as you say.

They're not out to get you, nor me, personally.

I'm not a great advocate of exceeding speed limits and generally abide by them. But. like many, I have no guilt when I've pushed into the high 90's for a few seconds whilst passing a stream of HGVs interspaced with cars when the opportunity presents itself.

It's better to make swift and safe overtaking moves than to struggle by at exactly the posted limit.

Of course, if you're going to use higher speeds you need to be acutely aware of what you're doing. But you know this, as do most on this forum. No-one joins a forum such as this if they're blissfully unaware and have no interest in driving safely, swiftly and purposefully.

Kind rgds,

Paul Anderson.

What you say about the overtaking goes without saying- and I will stray if I'm vary aware of conditions, know the road, and am alone- the unwritten rule I believe. Correct- you wouldn't bother with any intellectual banter such as this if you were an air-head!

I got pulled for 93mph on the motorway. I think sheer speed actually saved me that day - he only managed to clock me once I had started slowing down rapidly after noticing the Seat Leon banging up the outside lane, had a hunch it'd be an unmarked copper and it was - previous to that he admitted not being able to keep up and showed me a video as such, but said he couldn't do me for any more than 93mph as he has to keep the same distance behind me to clock me.

I've since started paying a lot more attention to my rear view mirror and slowed down somewhat..

Last edited:
I got pulled for 93mph on the motorway. I think sheer speed actually saved me that day - he only managed to clock me once I had started slowing down rapidly after noticing the Seat Leon banging up the outside lane, had a hunch it'd be an unmarked copper and it was - previous to that he admitted not being able to keep up and showed me a video as such, but said he couldn't do me for any more than 93mph as he has to keep the same distance behind me to clock me.

I've since started paying a lot more attention to my rear view mirror and slowed down somewhat..

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if you've maintained your original speed.

I do not advocate speeding at all, however, I still got a speeding ticket while I was driving the Vicar to the station !
I paid up, but as the location of the said offence was on a stretch of country road with no hedge, and flat land for 50 odd metres on either side with no speed limit indicated, or a copper or speed camera in sight, how the heck did they arrive at the conclusion that I was speeding ?
Which I wasn't. Well, you wouldn't with the Vicar in the Car !
Anyway, Divine intervention did not happen so the piggy bank was topped up.

Mike.