speed6 advice

DFGardiner

Hi all,
I was hoping for some advice. I have a 2007 speed6 and am interested in what further performance tuning could be done to the car. In your opinion, would the performance difference be worth the investments? Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Hi Dave and welcome to TorqueCars. The speed six are pretty light so any mods will make a big difference. Do you get traction issues at the moment - this is only going to get worse with more tuning so it's your call really.

How much are you looking to spend on modifications?

Hi Dave and welcome to TorqueCars. The speed six are pretty light so any mods will make a big difference. Do you get traction issues at the moment - this is only going to get worse with more tuning so it's your call really.

How much are you looking to spend on modifications?
Thanks for the quick replies!
No traction issues that I've noticed. I priced some modifications with a total parts cost around 10g retail. Parts included a cold air intake, new exhaust manifold, re=programmer for the computer, and carbon-fiber for the hood and trunk, among a few other things.

Dave

I think that with a remanufactured turbo and a remap you could push the 274bhp to around the 400bhp mark.

I beleive it shares a diff with the RX-8 so if you get traction issues you could look to the RX8 diff aftermarket suppliers.

A larger intercooler would raise the power figure higher.

You might need to uprate the fuelling for power gains like this. I'm not sure what the Standard ones are capable of delivering.

Wayne,
Thanks for the advice. ANother related question. I am not an expert in car modifications. If you were to modify a speed6 for yourself, are there aspects of the car beyond what you have mentioned that you would change?

Dave

It looks a bit ordinary so I'd do some subtle styling mods, the alloy wheels can be improved. I would also get more air into the engine bay with a new bumper and or some bonnet vents.

Wider wheels will help you to put the power down. The only other real mod I would do is fit some Koni adjustable shocks and tighten up the handling although the car is new and it may well handle pretty nicely as it is.