speed cameras

:confused:If average speed cameras read front and rear number plates on cars!,what happens when a motorcycle speeds through?

bikers never speed, ride inconsiderately or are never a danger to other road users so nothing to worry about really;);):lol::lol:

The SPECs setups around Northamptonshire are front plate readers too as far as I can tell. Unless they read both sides of the road perhaps.

Same must apply to a biker approaching head on to a Truvelo or a mobile speed camera van.

Most bikers are very good road users though but I agree it does seem slightly unjust

After having a gander on google maps I retract my previous statement. The ones in Nottingham City centre are front reading cameras but the average cameras on the M1 are read the rear plates.

Around here Paul as far as I know the average cameras are on the stretch that has been extended to 4 lanes.
I think it's the stretch from junction 25 to 28 IIRC.

The cameras around here take 2 photos of the rear & the distance traveled between the 2 determines your speed. Or at least thats the way I understand it.

The ones i see are in sets of 3 set out at equal distants apart,i thought the 1st one took picture of plate then mid one takes picture as you pass,then the 3rd takes picture as you approach and the average speed is worked out over the 2 distances,i think this is how it works,i may be wrong!!.

It doesn't matter how many cameras there are, the average speed cameras measure your speed between each 2 cameras.
If there is 10 cameras then you would be measured 5 times. ;)