Sorry about the downtime/outage/dataloss

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick apology to say sorry for the outage this morning.

There will be some missing posts and new members so VERY VERY SORRY about that.

I spent most of yesterday trying to prop up the server. Somehome the site was still working although the entire back end server software was corrupted.

We managed to get a back up to restore from but this took 7 hours to copy over and wasn't done in time for this morning when the server finally crashed!

Ho Hum. Perhaps I should stop trying to run the site on a ZX81 :lol:

AAAARGGGHHH!!!

Ahem all done. :amuse:

I thought it was me! I wrote a post, pressed submit & all I got was the spinning blue hula hoop of doom!

I've got a Amstrad PC1512 with a whole 20mb hdd in the loft you can borrow that if you like Waynne! :cheesy:

That sounds cool loz.

Yesterday was the worst day of my life. First the server crashed in the morning. I restarted it and did an update. The update then corrupted. It was like you had a totally crashed windows with music playing. I could see the sites all working knowing that the server was almost dead.

To top it all off I had a filling at the dentist in the afternoon. The Amstrad PC1512 is a good idea. Thanks for that. I will need a colour screen though cos the sites are all in colour.

Oh dear It never rains, it pours. Or something like that! well done getting it all back together then, have a cuppa on me :amuse:

Last edited:
I've been drinking very very strong coffee for last days. I now resemble a character from RUBARB due to my excessive shaking! Plus the world looks blurry!

hehe - I feel for you guys.

My company is a web hosting firm so we know what a pain servers can be ;). We've hundreds of the buggers stacked up on the Kent Science Park in Sittingbourne.