205 GOD

Tuner
Car
205 MI16
a 306 i had

143.jpg

144.jpg

149.jpg

this is my baby, its a diesel shell with a 2.0 MI16 engine in it, its all caged up with coil overs.

130.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

i also have a 205 rallye wich i will post the re-build pictures and my 205 convertable build wich will be special,

so, what do you think?

Hi, your pics entered the moderation queue because new members can only post pics after 10 posts, this is just a precaution to deter spammers.

Great Pug pics, I especially like the 205
thgood.gif

The 306 was slammed pretty low! A nice set of cars. I can't wait to see how the next one turns out.

I guess you had a lot of work and paperwork converting a diesel to a petrol then? Did it take long to do?

Looking good there Petar. Did you pick the Cabby up from Curley's? If so when do you think you'll be starting it?

the cabby is at mine ready 2 be started on,
converting the deisel shel to petrol is actualy very easy, all 205 shells are identical from GTI's to ure bog standard 3 door run around (im on about 3 door models only lol)
i stripped my old 1.9 GTI and put it all into the diesel shell which included full car loom from rear lights to dash loom and front lights as u need the loom for the fuel pump, GTI dash and steering column, GTI subframe for the MI16 lump, fuel lines, rear beam so it is no longer on drums bt on GTI discs all round, i also fitted a 10 point rollcage and carbon fibre bucket seats with harnesses,
it took me 2 days 2 build it

205: Sorry, all 205 shells are not identical, we picked up a 1.0l shell from the scrappies for reshelling a smashed GTi and we had to make modifications and weld additional plates and strengthners onto it. Also the inner rear arches are different between the low end models and the GTi's .

for the MI16 conversions, my mate did one as well, everything was great but the wiring was a bit of a pig. Did you put the whole loom in or just the front end and cut it into the original loom?

i never made any modifications to this shell as i was going for the sleeper look, you are right about everything you said if you wont it to look like a GTI but this blue 205 has got 1.9 GTI suspension, brakes, subframe, gear linkage, dash with clocks and exhaust system and that was all fitted with out making any modifications at all.

i used the full GTI loom, it was a pain to fit, the front end was fairly straight forward but the rear end was a pain, we had to chop it a little.

i was talking about mods that cant be seen, for the rear arches the internal arches were modified as on the 1.0l they were designed for narrower tyres, we had to cut away the inside, near the body work, to allow the wide width of the gti tyres.
in any case, if memory serves and as per yours above, the diesel models had a sturdier shell than the small petrol engines which is probably why no need for internal mods - did you need to alter the engine mounts at all from where the diesl ones were positioned?

A gti-6 head will fit onto an mi-16 engine, personally a complete gti-6 engine would fit the bill better, Is more modern has more power to begin with better fuel economy and more resistant to oil surge when cornering,

Yes it does weigh more because of the iron block but it can take more of a beating,

Great cars though both.....I lack the skill to do a conversion like that else I would be doing it right now

i personally like the MI16, the GTI6 is a gd engine though, i lernt how to do conversions just by doing them, i have done conversions in vauxhals, peugeuts landrovers and a few others just by trial and error, when you have done 1 then doing another is easy, if you do decide to do a conversion i can help u if u need help jst ask me questions and i will answer them in as much detail as i can.

From what I have found out a couple of worth while mods on a 205 is to use the rear beam from a 309 gti and the front wishbones as well, they fit exactly the same but they give the car a wider front a rear track, very popular conversion amongst 205 track warriors but I bet the differences could also be noticed on the road as well

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back