some hot Porsche rims....

watching wheeler dealers this morning and they had a porsche targa on it, they look like the same wheels

these rims are so cool, and the price is not that much i guess, 250 euros. but you'll need then to find tyres too though.
by the way, are there avalaible tyres in this dimensions:
30/175 or 185 r15 or r16?

absolutely. I have just refurbished a set on my 911. Took me hours and hours. I polished the rims and petals and painted the backs black. Its my take on the RSR alloys theme.

absolutely. I have just refurbished a set on my 911. Took me hours and hours. I polished the rims and petals and painted the backs black. Its my take on the RSR alloys theme.

dunno much about the new 911, either much about the old ones, but i do like the look of the classic 911, i think the old ones were the best looking ones. 1965-1995.

dunno much about the new 911, either much about the old ones, but i do like the look of the classic 911, i think the old ones were the best looking ones. 1965-1995.

I totally agree. I actually like the once between 69-89.

Mine is 74 shape. I do like the newer ones but I think the look and build quality of the older ones are awesome.

mine started as a 1974 911 Coupe 2.7l.

I then restored the body work and bought a 3.2carerra engine, which I then stripped down and rebuilt with a Mahle 3.5l pistons and barrels, porsche GTII cams, jenvey throttle bodies, twin spark and Motec engine management.

mine started as a 1974 911 Coupe 2.7l.

I then restored the body work and bought a 3.2carerra engine, which I then stripped down and rebuilt with a Mahle 3.5l pistons and barrels, porsche GTII cams, jenvey throttle bodies, twin spark and Motec engine management.

looks awesome, nice done. how does it goes on the curves?

Its quite powerful now so it often out accelerates the new 911's and quite a few ferarri's. The suspension upgrade I am doing at the moment for RSR coilovers should make good in the twisty bits.

Its quite powerful now so it often out accelerates the new 911's and quite a few ferarri's. The suspension upgrade I am doing at the moment for RSR coilovers should make good in the twisty bits.

if you don't mind could you explain what exactly you're doing, i'd like to hear. thanks.

ah, OK.

I was previosly running of a 915 gearbox with a cable clutch. This was the OEM gearbox for a 1975 car.

Porsche produced a G50 gearbox in 1987 for the 3.2 carerra's. They are stronger, can handle more power, have LSD and are hydraulic.

In order to get these gearboxes into the earlier cars you have to alter the profile of the torsion tubes, in so doing requiring you to remove the torsion bars.

So, I have altered the torsion tube, removed the torsion bars and in their place gone for a coilover package. Porsche used coilovers on the RSR racers so I am doing the same. They are bilstein dual spring coilovers. They are now on. The gear box is in. The brakes have been upgraded to Brembo GTPL's, and Im just altering the hubs to make sure the bigger discs clear the wishbones.

I have also added RSR spring plates.

This should mean the geometry of the car is now easier to change and set it to my speciific requirments.