Some General Questions

roryp15

Tuner
Car
VW Golf Gt Tdi
Hi all :p ive got some questions and im looking to find out some answer as i dont know them :embarrest:

My current car ( BMW 316I Saloon ) the diff has gone. Where can i get a new diff from and how much should it cost? Does it have to be one for a 316I saloon or can i go to the scrap yard and get one from say a 328 coupe?

My BMW is putting out 105 bhp :embarrest: ive got £600, how can i use it to get more power :blink1:?

Is it possible ( for any highly tuned car ) to have 2 diffrent settings such as high boost and low boost which can be changed by the driving whilse moving which will say add an extra 50 bhp or what ever.

The my idacators, fog lights etc lights ( inside car they are fine outside) are not coming on what could this be ? could it be a fuse ? wheres my fuse box ?

What are the best gauges for a turbo charged car. I love the lookof gauges and there useful aswell so say the best 6 gauges for a turbo track car ?

Sorry for the silly questions but thanks for your help

I'm not sure on the diff side of things but if i were you, if you find out you can use bigger diffs then go for one as it will work out better for you in the long run having a stronger diff.

And as far as you low budget goes, i think you may be pleasently suprised to see what you can buy ;) Check this beast out for £300 :):):)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1379229.htm

Yes you can have two boost settings at the flick of a switch. I'm not sure about the ability to wire it into some cars general functions as we use after market management for these controls but it isn't difficult to do.
We have done this on a few motors, one left the workshop the other day with one setting at 360 b.h.p. and the other one at 452 b.h.p.
It was mapped with the correct fuelling and the switch just altered available boost pressure.

"Is it possible ( for any highly tuned car ) to have 2 diffrent settings such as high boost and low boost which can be changed by the driving whilse moving which will say add an extra 50 bhp or what ever."

Firstly, you'll never get another 50bhp from a 316i.

Why the need for a switch anyway? What's wrong with your right foot?