some feelings after driving for 110 mins mountain road, 98 F outside, 131 F inside

april

Car
VW Satana 2000
Hi Guys,:cheesy::cheesy:

I am an auto fan in Zhejiang, China. In order to test my capability of adapting myself to high temprature in real race environment, I drove my car on mountain road yesterday afternoon as fast as I can. The outside temp is 98 F, the inside temp is 131 F. A/C was shut down, windows were closed. I began to feel difficult breathing from 90 mins, and the top of my figures were numb then. When I finished driving, I felt a little bit dizzy.... 2000ml water was drunk by me during my driving.

Just a little feeling about the test, it's my first thread, haha..:):)

Re: some feelings after driving for 110 mins mountain road, 98 F outside, 131 F insid

I'll just call that dedication, hahahaha.

Re: some feelings after driving for 110 mins mountain road, 98 F outside, 131 F insid

You are just a little bit mad, so I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Hi and welcome.

I don't enjoy being the voice of reason, but don't you think driving a car as fast as you can on a public road until you are dizzy and your fingers are dumb somewhat irresponsible and dangerous to both you and other road users?

The best place for this sort of testing is a race track.

You are just a little bit mad, so I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

yes i am doing okay. thanks. a little bit mad, that's what i thought when i started my engine at first, but it was just some experience. won't do it again.

Hi and welcome.

I don't enjoy being the voice of reason, but don't you think driving a car as fast as you can on a public road until you are dizzy and your fingers are dumb somewhat irresponsible and dangerous to both you and other road users?

The best place for this sort of testing is a race track.

yes, it was a little bit dangerous. but as l am familiar with the road condition, it's not that dangerous as you imagined. btw, it's not devoloped countries, you can hardly getting on track to race. we have very less tracks here.

Ok, we would much prefer to keep you safe at all times buddy ;)

thank you mate. i'll soon be moving to Toronto. I think I will have more track days there. haha..

Just because there are few tracks in China doesn't justify being an idiot on a public road. Knowing a road doesn't stop you hitting someone.

Be a little more carefull in Canada as the police take a very dim view of irresponsible driving behavior :)

Just because there are few tracks in China doesn't justify being an idiot on a public road. Knowing a road doesn't stop you hitting someone.

Be a little more carefull in Canada as the police take a very dim view of irresponsible driving behavior :)

hahaha . don't be serious man... if you know me, you won't talk like that. btw, thank you for your kind reminder

Sometimes you have to be serious as driving is a very serious matter.

Most people think that as soon as they pass their test (I assume you have to pass a driving test in China) they can drive. All they have actually managed to do is pass a relatively simple test to show that they have a basic control of their vehicle and can understand a few road signs.

In reality, they have little idea of what they are doing but think they know everything.

Anyone can drive a car fast, VERY FEW can do it safely (after proper training) and NO ONE can do it safely on a public road, with or without training.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but, IMO, driving a car fast and not in proper control - you cannot be in proper control if you are feeling dizzy, your fingers are numb and you are constantly drinking water - is irresponsible behavior.

If I drove like this I certainly wouldn't talk about it on a forum :)

I am gong to make a wild guess and say that you are under 25?

I'm with OG, daft thing to do, but then in China they do daft things on the back roads. If you can call them roads...............

Sometimes you have to be serious as driving is a very serious matter.

Most people think that as soon as they pass their test (I assume you have to pass a driving test in China) they can drive. All they have actually managed to do is pass a relatively simple test to show that they have a basic control of their vehicle and can understand a few road signs.

In reality, they have little idea of what they are doing but think they know everything.

Anyone can drive a car fast, VERY FEW can do it safely (after proper training) and NO ONE can do it safely on a public road, with or without training.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but, IMO, driving a car fast and not in proper control - you cannot be in proper control if you are feeling dizzy, your fingers are numb and you are constantly drinking water - is irresponsible behavior.

If I drove like this I certainly wouldn't talk about it on a forum :)

I am gong to make a wild guess and say that you are under 25?

Just like you climb Pikes Peak or drive in a WRC race, you can't guarantee satety to everyone. Audience at these two races stand right by the track. When I drove on the other day, It is exactly the same situation. But again, you need to first know the real situation here, then make comments. Plus, you have to admit that even in devoloped countries like USA or UK, there are illegal driving everywhere, so when I said don't be serious, I am saying it is just a single case. This kinda action is not encouraged, but especially when people live in an undevoloped area, you will find such action is the only way for most of the people to get closer to their dreams.

Just like you climb Pikes Peak or drive in a WRC race, you can't guarantee satety to everyone. Audience at these two races stand right by the track. When I drove on the other day, It is exactly the same situation. But again, you need to first know the real situation here, then make comments. Plus, you have to admit that even in devoloped countries like USA or UK, there are illegal driving everywhere, so when I said don't be serious, I am saying it is just a single case. This kinda action is not encouraged, but especially when people live in an undevoloped area, you will find such action is the only way for most of the people to get closer to their dreams.

Trying to justify your behaviour by comparing it to a properly controlled race is rather desperate, IMO. Spectators at a race are there to watch the race, know the risks involved, now that fast cars are approaching and there is no possibility of vehicles coming the other way!

Yes, illegal driving (at least you admit to were driving illegaly :) ) happens everywhere, but that doesn't justify doing it.! People are murdered everywhere but that doesn't make it OK to do it yourself.

You may be getting closer to you dreams, but try telling that the the family of a child killed by a speeding car. In a few years that could be your child. Would you then accept the driver's excuse that he was only trying to get closer to his dreams and there isn't a race track nearby?

I can only comment on the information presented to me :)

I am not saying that I never did anything silly, dangerous or illegal when young, I just didn't broadcast it to the world. I used to street race (drag race) for money in areas we considered safe. More by luck than judgement no one was ever hurt and we were never caught (a few close calls though).

I am not commenting from a 'never done a bad thing in my life' lofty position, I've been there and got the T-shirt.

Don't let this thread put you off staying on this forum. It will be good to have someone from your part of the planet with different life experiences and culture, you just started with a thread that goes against one of the rules of the site - We don't condone racing on the highway, take it to the track.

I look forward to crossing swords with you in the future :)

Last edited:

Trying to justify your behaviour by comparing it to a properly controlled race is rather desperate, IMO. Spectators at a race are there to watch the race, know the risks involved, now that fast cars are approaching and there is no possibility of vehicles coming the other way!

Yes, illegal driving (at least you admit to were driving illegaly :) ) happens everywhere, but that doesn't justify doing it.! People are murdered everywhere but that doesn't make it OK to do it yourself.

You may be getting closer to you dreams, but try telling that the the family of a child killed by a speeding car. In a few years that could be your child. Would you then accept the driver's excuse that he was only trying to get closer to his dreams and there isn't a race track nearby?

I can only comment on the information presented to me :)

I am not saying that I never did anything silly, dangerous or illegal when young, I just didn't broadcast it to the world. I used to street race (drag race) for money in areas we considered safe. More by luck than judgement no one was ever hurt and we were never caught (a few close calls though).

I am not commenting from a 'never done a bad thing in my life' lofty position, I've been there and got the T-shirt.

Don't let this thread put you off staying on this forum. It will be good to have someone from your part of the planet with different life experiences and culture, you just started with a thread that goes against one of the rules of the site - We don't condone racing on the highway, take it to the track.

I look forward to crossing swords with you in the future :)

hmmmmm... i'm not that serious man on something.. i think you are influenced by some bad experience before. maybe you got hurt by someone. but please, don't live your life in the shadow of bad experience. bless you mate.

did i say i was driving illegally? to be honest, with my 1997 VW Santana 2000, I could hardly driving it to my ideal speed. my maximum speed was 70km/h on the other day while the limited speed is 60km/h. when I made some U-turn, it was below 40km/h. so... your confused logic plus your mood under the shadow is seriously effecting your judgements. I guess your mathmatics was awful when u were back in school.

Did i play against the forum? absolutely not. look at my title and content again, look at my comments again, you will find this action is not encouraged during the whole conversation, including by me. So, gentlyman, i suggest you to get your ideas into shape, then talk.

at last, take care of your child please.

hmmmmm... i'm not that serious man on something.. i think you are influenced by some bad experience before. maybe you got hurt by someone. but please, don't live your life in the shadow of bad experience. bless you mate.

did i say i was driving illegally? to be honest, with my 1997 VW Santana 2000, I could hardly driving it to my ideal speed. my maximum speed was 70km/h on the other day while the limited speed is 60km/h. when I made some U-turn, it was below 40km/h. so... your confused logic plus your mood under the shadow is seriously effecting your judgements. I guess your mathmatics was awful when u were back in school.

Did i play against the forum? absolutely not. look at my title and content again, look at my comments again, you will find this action is not encouraged during the whole conversation, including by me. So, gentlyman, i suggest you to get your ideas into shape, then talk.

at last, take care of your child please.

:)

Fortunately, never been hurt driving. However, I used to be on call to clear up the mess after vehicle crashes and get to read the fatal accident reports, so I know that inappropriate speed, especially by inexperienced drivers, kills.

Even with my obviously flawed maths (only got a C in Advanced Level Mathematics) 70kph seems higher than the legal 60kph you quote :)

Even at 70kph, driving whilst dizzy and numb is dumb.

Please explain what you mean by my confused logic. By comparing untrained, inexperienced driving on a public road with trained race drivers competing on a closed course in order to justify your actions seem to be based on very confused logic to me.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that, as your first posting to this forum was to boast about your exploits instead of, as is the custom, to say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself and your car, you are trying to look interesting and clever, which again points to you being quite young (I used to have on of those T-shirts as well, but it fell apart many years ago).

I think my ideas are in pretty good shape, but I am come from a Western European culture so I guess they could be very different to yours :)

If you are truly interested in honing your driving skills, have a look at this forum:

http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5773

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree and move on?

Last edited:

:)

Fortunately, never been hurt driving. However, I used to be on call to clear up the mess after vehicle crashes and get to read the fatal accident reports, so I know that inappropriate speed, especially by inexperienced drivers, kills.

Even with my obviously flawed maths (only got a C in Advanced Level Mathematics) 70kph seems higher than the legal 60kph you quote :)

Even at 70kph, driving whilst dizzy and numb is dumb.

Please explain what you mean by my confused logic. By comparing untrained, inexperienced driving on a public road with trained race drivers competing on a closed course in order to justify your actions seem to be based on very confused logic to me.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that, as your first posting to this forum was to boast about your exploits instead of, as is the custom, to say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself and your car, you are trying to look interesting and clever, which again points to you being quite young (I used to have on of those T-shirts as well, but it fell apart many years ago).

I think my ideas are in pretty good shape, but I am come from a Western European culture so I guess they could be very different to yours :)

If you are truly interested in honing your driving skills, have a look at this forum:

http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5773

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree and move on?

hahaha.. no need to move on... you are an interesting guy. maybe we can race on track some time. lol...

but thank you agian for your replies, they seem to be very sincere from an "old" guy.. never mind.. we do have culture difference, but we can still be friends. there's an old chinese saying which is no discord, no concord. hahaha. that's the way it is.

I can see all perspectives. China is a very repressed country however and it's hard to have any fun at all without contravening something or other.

So take care of yourself, I hate to think that you never get to be old because something went wrong on the road.

Best regards,

Paul.

hahaha.. no need to move on... you are an interesting guy. maybe we can race on track some time. lol...

but thank you agian for your replies, they seem to be very sincere from an "old" guy.. never mind.. we do have culture difference, but we can still be friends. there's an old chinese saying which is no discord, no concord. hahaha. that's the way it is.

No discord, no concord, I like it.

By moving on, we mean let's leave this discussion and start something new.

China is a very repressed country

Paul.

don't judge my country. as a reminder, don't judge any other countries or anybody without understanding them 200% completely.

don't judge my country. as a reminder, don't judge any other countries or anybody without understanding them 200% completely.

I reserve my right as a judgmental person to judge any country I want.
:toung:

Last edited by a moderator:

I reserve my right as a judgmental person to judge any country I want.
:toung:

Spoken like a true American.

Last edited by a moderator:

The sarcasm went over your head.

Yup, sure did. Or maybe, just maybe, the sarcasm in my response went way over yours :)

Last edited: