Softening suspension S4 Avant

BoeingDriver

Car
Audi A4 Avant
I really like the shape, design, reliability and power of my 2009 4wd 3lt A4 SE Avant but am getting fed up with its harsh ride.

I presume there must be some better/more appropriate than the manufacturer’s dampers that I could fit.

It is fitted with 18” wheels and has done 55,000 miles.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Coilovers work really well on these, and some allow dampening adjustment. The stock springs can also prove to be quite brittle and there are quite a few reports of these breaking/snapping.

Another off the wall option is to fit the air suspension from the allroad versions, this in my opinion is too soft and wooly and the other extreme but it might prove a cost effective option.

What tyres and tyre pressures are you using?

You could fit 17's and tyres with more sidewall flex = higher aspect that would make the ride a little less harsh.

Last edited:
Coilovers work really well on these, and some allow dampening adjustment. The stock springs can also prove to be quite brittle and there are quite a few reports of these breaking/snapping.

Another off the wall option is to fit the air suspension from the allroad versions, this in my opinion is too soft and wooly and the other extreme but it might prove a cost effective option.

What tyres and tyre pressures are you using?

Thanks for the speedy reply.
Pirelle P Zero 245/40/ZR/18
Front 35 Rear 32