So where does road tax actually go ?

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
following on from this
it's not my fault the roads are not in as good condition as I pay for them to be.

The patches just rip straight out again.

Ah, but you don't pay ANYWHERE near enough to have the roads in a condition you would like.

where does all the road tax go ?
google showed what car magazine showed there was 26,208,000 cars on the road in 2006 - its bount to have increased again
i took an average price of £155 (mid range bracket for road tax) this means the govt takes £670 269 million of car owners. now im ot sure if this included vans or not but im pretty sure it wouldnt have included PCV or LGV

so where does all this money go ?

do you really want to know where these millions of pounds go??

the mp's expeses claim is just an insight into where most tax payers money actually goes. MP's get there food paid for while they are at work! and there travel and uniforms. so all those fancy suit, we paid for them.

each election we choose whichever monkey looks like they wont spend as much of our money on themselves. its like hitting a pinata. you never know what the hell is going to come out. Gordon Brown before entering politics was skinny, but hearing about getting his duty meals paid for him he ate alot more and worked late. thats where our money goes.

Right rant over, wats next??

ok me being awkward again. i claim fuel expenses at 32 pence per mile for everything i do with cadets (more if im carrying passengers) claim up to 28 day without any issues a year - after this i need permission to put in the forms.
3 meals a day plus bed - 32p
ohh and a pint of stella in the mess last time was - 90p
ok i dont claim as much as the MPs but i still get around £2k a year on average

but the point i am looking for is that this money is paid as road tax but it has been getting dipped into since i belive churchill during WW2.

same goes with Nat insurance it was set up to fund the NHS but it doesnt do that now

So much money is wasted on red tape, risk assesments, accountants and review panels. I wouldn't be surprised that for every £1 spend £0.50p is wasted on red tape and legal fees etc....

It is clear that this is a TAX and not a tax to fund our road networks/policing and public transport.

ok me being awkward again. i claim fuel expenses at 32 pence per mile for everything i do with cadets (more if im carrying passengers) claim up to 28 day without any issues a year - after this i need permission to put in the forms.
3 meals a day plus bed - 32p
ohh and a pint of stella in the mess last time was - 90p
ok i dont claim as much as the MPs but i still get around £2k a year on average

but the point i am looking for is that this money is paid as road tax but it has been getting dipped into since i belive churchill during WW2.

same goes with Nat insurance it was set up to fund the NHS but it doesnt do that now

My apologies for being off topic but as an ex air cadet i was wondering what cadets you are with and if the ATC then what squadron

enough money is paid but as pointed out above it is squandered by the Govt - all Govt's. A committee is need to check that the previous committee that agreed the new project comittee to build the new road under the watchful eyes of the comittees reporting back on the environment, land usage, correct spending of funds etc etc.....
Committee after comittee after committee it goes on and on. red tape after red tape - its a joke.
And Scotland is the WORST for this nonsense spending with so many people working for the Govt.

Oops sorry I've just asked this question in another thread before I saw this one. Doh! It appears to be being spent on millions of traffic cones to create roadwords that are never actually worked on :blink:

My misses works for the DWP and how soft they are on the staff is unreal. Someone only has to say they're a bit depressed or some mickey mouse excuse and the hold meetings and one-to-ones and all sorts. Gone to far the other way now tbh, the employers need more power back.

google showed what car magazine showed there was 26,208,000 cars on the road in 2006

A week or so ago, a small article in one of the papers stated that there were 31,035,791 cars on the roads last year (from VET data, one presumes), and that was down 0.7% (so over 200,000) on the previous year.

National Insurance was not set up to fund the NHS, given that NI started in 1911 and the NHS wasn't created until the 1940s/50s.

Rather, it was intended as a national pension scheme, based on the contributions you made.

Edit: Calculation error.

Last edited: