So tuning the HR12DE 1.2L

CJThai

Car
Almera E M/T
Before I go any further into this post, I will say of course I've thought of engine swapping, but seen as how I'm purchasing a brand new car, engine swapping isn't exactly cost effective.

SO, looking to tune the HR12DE 1.2 L plant for the Almera. Are there any other members with this power plant, and if so what have you done to it? I'm not expecting big power gains or anything, but I would like to smoke the random Toyota Vios or Yaris that comes racing along :rollingeyes:

My first purchase, I'm looking to do wheel and tire upgrade planning to put 17" Volk TE37's wrapped in, preferably, Kumho Ecsta Supras about 205/45/17. Next is suspension. I'm thinking of going coil-overs but I'm not sure about the ride quality, Thailand has some extremely messed up roads...main thoroughfares aren't too bad, but I don't want a bone-jarring ride. Any thoughts?

I have picked up my '13 Nissan Almera. The first thing I notice is that there is a whole lot of space in the engine bay. As I haven't yet made it to 10 posts, I can't show pictures just yet. 2 more to go lol. Anyways, the current air intake, factory of course, is far from sufficient. I don't like the way it is situated, and it definitely needs a more efficient way of getting air into the engine. If anybody has this engine, or even just the Almera car!, please respond and show pics of the engine bay of what you've done. I have an idea on how to do my air induction system, but would like to see any pics of finished products.