so many mods, which ones to chose?

huxley

Car
peugeot 106 gti s2
hi there,just searchin for oppinions from people in the know.
i am about to replace the incresingly dieing clutch in my gti and am thinking of doin a few other bits while it's being worked on.

ive decided on a fast road black diamond clutch which apparently is the affordable way to go. I also want to get it remapped, but i have a problem in that 'kent cams' were put in before i bought the motor but no mapping was done to suit, iv'e asked and it cant be mapped to the new cams if i can't find out exactly what they are. So i think im going to have to replace them aswell???

Does anybody have any recomendations on which to buy? and also what other types of mods would you reccomend, while it's in pieces for a few days.eg, boost valves?etc etc

any ideas would be very much appreciated.:bigsmile:

I would imagine that when you have it remapped the tuner should be able to set it up regardless.
Thats the whole point of a remap to find the best configuration for your engine. It may take longer than normal to remap but i'm sure they will be able to do it.

A tuner with a rolling road is what you need. You are after a custom remap rather than an off the shelf one.

Have you had the head flowed and ported? What about a close ration gearbox while the clutch is being changed?

if im being completely honest i aint got a clue what flowed and ported is, problem is theres nowhere round my end that does that kind of stuff.

the close ratio gear box sounds good from what ive read.i take it youve had this type of thing done to your motor(s)?

My Rover had a close ratio box. We took a Turbo box and changed the first 3 cogs to make them closer. It really did help acceleration although you weren't in first gear for very long at all!

Have a read up on our main site in tuning www.torquecars.com/tuning and you'll get a good idea about porting and many other engine mods. It basically lets the airflow into the engine more efficiently.