So is he or isnt the THE STIG????????

Schumacher has been on Top Gear before. It could be him although I'm not sure. But it would explain the the lap times that the stig can acheive.

nope just a publicity ploy!!!
the budget of top gear goes on destroying things and pointless road trips do you really think they have enough money left to employ 1 of the greatest drivers of all time????????

nope just a publicity ploy!!!
the budget of top gear goes on destroying things and pointless road trips do you really think they have enough money left to employ 1 of the greatest drivers of all time????????

Maybe so but it's not like he's employed by them all year round.

Hey if I was him I wouldn't be charging to blat round a track in all those exotic cars.

I do think this is a SMOKESCREEN though!

Are we all certain that it's the same Stig anyway, week by week. I know the track sessions are pre-recorded even ahead of the studio stuff. But he does appear to be the same height and build every time we see him. The Stig could, of course, be female so please take me references to he and him as being generic. I just felt that the word 'it' was a little bit derisive.

Thinking about it, Sabine would fit that Nomex suit very nicely indeed.

Here we go - HDi - behave yourself :)

One thing that leads me to think the Stig is personified by one driver is the consistent way he/she/it (??) drives the cars.

It's obviously not Tiff Needell - far too tall and broad to be the Stig.

I really have no idea to be honest.

I thought it was already widely accepted that the Stig was a few different people? Ben Collins seems to be one of the favourites.

Have a search around if you've nothing better to do (not saying you haven't mind). There's a fair bit of evidence that points towards Ben Collins being one of the Stigs. Have you seen that interview with the Stig too? He has a Bristol accent.

At the moment I have very little else better to do to be honest (not that I lie anyway). I'll have a look and see what others have said.

Do we really want the answer though? Maybe that would spoil that bit of the show.

I think the mystery keeps us all interested.I too think there may be a whole genetically bred and enhanced batch of Stigs.;)

i know a freelance photographer and there are at least 3 stigs when he was last doing work for the BBC.

even has a photo of one with the helmet off

Yeh I thought it was widely known there i loads of stigs with Ben Collins being the most common. Didn't a member of the Bristol press tell everyone last year as well? Though I'd heard before then anyway.

thing is they do the lap times so they have to try and hide the fact it's different drivers otherwise you couldn't measure the times together equally as they're done by different people. so times will come down to differing driving abilities as much as car abilities.

I don't think Schumacher is The Stig. They wouldn't just go ahead and publish that like that and in an interview with the producer of Top Gear he (the producer) said that they would never say who it was, at least not while the shows were running

I reckon they will reveal another Stig in the next show:) Perhaps all of their guests will come on in the Stig outfit? :lol:

well the stig has to be a f1 driver,i thought it was damon hill before
why would top gear make it up (im thinking)

and as for getting the fxx on the show because schumacer designed it, it wouldnt be the first that happened, the scudaria was also designed by schumacer

i think its him alright

why does it have to be a F1 driver? Top gear make everything up :-s the shows all set up, even the 'banter'. I used to think damon hill aswell, before I found out it was ben collins, not sure what the speculation is still, we know theirs more then one but the main one is Ben collins

If they haven't changed their rules, most of the cars on the fast chart are driven by the car companies' test drivers in order to get the best out of them!

Also, there is more than one Stig, according to my contacts in the racing fraternity.