Snow updates

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Kent is pretty bad. My town has still only had about 7 inches of snow. However a few miles in each direction the roads are closed due to 4 to 6 foot deep snow drifts. So Deal is cut off from the rest of the Country for the first time I remember.

We've not had any post all week either and the panic buying seems to be stripping the shops shelves.

If you don't need to go out in your car I would recommend you avoid it, stay at home and log on to TorqueCars.

Whats it like where you are? Is this evidence of climate change?

In Felixstowe (Suffolk) it has snowed almost every day of the last week. Its currently belting down some kind of snow blizzard. Only got home from work an hour ago and already the car is under 3 inches of snow.

No post, no rubbish collections. Fair enough obviously. But im really starting to get fed up of this snow. :mad:

till march ya lol
i am loving the snow no work and get to play in the 4x4 all day

have a fair bit here but not as much as you waynne i belong to south east england 4x4 response and we had a call out to deal this morning and the bloke getting there could not reach the area due to every road being shut by the police due to stuck cars and lorrys

Loads of snow up here Sittingbourne - and some really big drifts.

I've resigned the R36 to the garage having seem my mate rip his front spoiler off his WRX STi on freezing now.

Just got to hope the Freelander keeps coping as well as it is!

might have to go and get a new door mirror for mine tomorrow as a tree took it off in the woods last night
and get the camera and head down your way and down near deal way see if i can get some pics

Good News!!!

It was supposed to snow very heavily here today but it hasnt!! The weather people say a milder "front" has moved in and pushed the snow away!!

Now thats terrific. The snow has already pulled off my undertray cover thingy whilst reversing. I dont fancy fixing it again. Laying on snow is cold. :confused:

Ours is all melting now. The roads still seem pretty icy first thing but It is now quite slushy.

same here. Its all turned to slush in my road but the downside is theres now a huge pile of snow/slush across my driveway and after 12hours at work i cant be bothered to move it. :(