Snow Foam

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
Does anyone else tried using this ?

Picked up a Lance - wrong connection on it - for next to nothing on detailing world.
Pulled the Karcher lance from parents old one and the joys of most pressure washers using a standard m22 thread meant that it fitted on.
Gave it a quick blast with a mix of cheap car shampoo, tesco stuff, and a little APC.

Lovely to use, makes a nice thick shampoo mix that can dwell on the car while you do other things such as wheels badges etc.
pressure washed off. found it left some of the more stubborn dirt behind.
if i can find the wifes camera before tomorrow then ill get some pics of it in action as wanting a couple of videos to finally do the cleaning / polishing guide

Surprised you've only just got round to trying this with your buffty experience :D Been using it for a couple of years now IIRC and it's excellent. Get some dedicated PH neutral snow foam and it rellay removes the dirt from waxed paintwork. Love it!

Yeah have been meaning to get round to using it for a while, but the RAC pressure washer has a bloody stupid lance connection that didnt match any of the standard ones so was waiting till the washer gave up the ghost.
but its still going stong so when seen it for the price i put in a cheeky offer expecting to be meet halfway.
picking up 25ltrs of foam when im down in london next month, canny complain at £20

think the lack of sealant might have been a problem as the Mirror wet finish lasted all of 2 days of rain.

I've heard only good things about snow foam. If I had a pressure washer I'd go out to get one straight away!

been using it for a good 18 months.... i think its ok, not as good as people were making out when i first started using it, but i carry on as i tend to spray a layer on, leave 10-15 minutes spray off, then do another mix with shampoo in it and spray that on, wipe over it with a mitt then wash off.....

At my mates with his Trophy last year:

030920111224.jpg

ash aye i have to argee the way it came across was pretty much spray on leave for 5-10 mins while you went round the car doing other things then pressure wash off, good done.
helps take off the surface dirt for sure but still needs cleaned with the mitt

the detergant bottle that came with the pressure washer was actually bigger than the one on the snow foam lance.

usng the det bottle the 1 time i did try it it needed filled up 3 times to cover the car in soapy water.
the sf lance had a 300ml bottle, and covered the car well enough from that, but with a little play about with some silicone tubing and an old car shampoo bottle it now holds a ltr meaning i can give it a couple of coats without having to refill the bottle