Small cars in parking spaces

ojlane

Wrench Pro
Car
96 Accord+00 Legend
In the staff car park here at Southampton Airport I often think I see an available parking space, then I reverse all the way up the isle just to find a small car parked right at the back!!!

Am I the only one that notices this and is irritated by the lack of consideration or am I just being over finicky (probably spelled that wrong:confused:)

Last edited:
I used to park my smart so people can see it, but if a van or estate parked next to me after you wouldn't see the car. The work car park was a problem, as it was all vans so my little car was in danger of being squashed further into the space by a reversing van!

I miss my smart :sad2:

I get caught out by this one. They should all park at the front of the bays! (This would risk more damage with the other cars pulling out and in so I understand why they do it and I would probably park as far back as I could).

Perhaps small cars should have a big flag pole or something fitted :lol:

I've been in the same situation, I start to park and then there is a small car way in the back. I drive a fairly small car but I try to park it in the front of the space if there are bigger car's around me. Allthough most people on the dorm have small cars as well so I usually don't have to think wery much about where in the space I park

back home a garage at one of the sites i worked at took this into consideration when they built thier garage. not sure how they did it but they had lights above each stall that would be either green (open) or red (occupied) for each spot. made it alot easier to spot that one open spot all the way in the front when you were in the back :)