Slk320

slk010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Diolch yn fawr (thank you) looks a little different since that photograph was taken about two years ago. It as bigger wheels now the wheels then 16" originals look out of proportion to the bodykit.

I am currently looking for new wheels but finding it difficult with the offsets ET30 & ET38 front and rear. Also trying to get information on a remap but nobody is responding to my queries.

nice done, looks good, very good idea of front bumper combination, but you'll need to add something in the hood too, like the front end of the hood to look like the one from the newer SLK

There is not actually much difference to the hood (bonnet) on the R171 model Charger other than the bonnet lines meetin at the centre whereas, the R170 meets parallel along the bonnet.

Other than changing the bonnet to suit for which I don't know if it would fit then to mess with the existing bonnet seems pointless. Well to me it seems that way. I can live with it.

I have thought about vents like the SLK55 AMG

There is not actually much difference to the hood (bonnet) on the R171 model Charger other than the bonnet lines meetin at the centre whereas, the R170 meets parallel along the bonnet.

Other than changing the bonnet to suit for which I don't know if it would fit then to mess with the existing bonnet seems pointless. Well to me it seems that way. I can live with it.

I have thought about vents like the SLK55 AMG

i didn't said about changing the entire hood, just adding some lines in the front end of the existing hood, it'll look better, however, i respect your opinion.

i didn't said about changing the entire hood, just adding some lines in the front end of the existing hood, it'll look better, however, i respect your opinion.

Thanks mate, I can understand what you are saying but we all have different opinions and like you I respect your opinion but prefer to stick with mine whether rightly or wrongly. The car actually looks a lot better out of the photograph. The photo taken two years ago is more about the scenary (Cantref Reservoir below Pen-y-Fan on the Brecon Beacons) a few miles from where I live.

Thanks mate, I can understand what you are saying but we all have different opinions and like you I respect your opinion but prefer to stick with mine whether rightly or wrongly. The car actually looks a lot better out of the photograph. The photo taken two years ago is more about the scenary (Cantref Reservoir below Pen-y-Fan on the Brecon Beacons) a few miles from where I live.

probably, and the picture is awesome.

so what about side skirts and rear bumper?
what's the BHP of your merc?

I like the skirts fitted original there is not a lot of difference with the reiger skirts. As for the rear bumper the reiger one would suit a corsa being a little boy racerish if you know what I mean.

The car as changed a little at the rear since taking that photo with the extra zaust.

The bhp at present is standard except for the induction kit added and the zaust which I am sure have added a little to the standard. However, I am currently looking at a remap

It would probably look a lot more aggressive. Even as it is it looks rather sweet. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the colour tbh. How does it handle?

Colours are obviously a mtter of opinion I wouldn't have it any other way and the handling is superb like on rails. It as 17" wheels fitted since the photo with 225 all round

I like the skirts fitted original there is not a lot of difference with the reiger skirts. As for the rear bumper the reiger one would suit a corsa being a little boy racerish if you know what I mean.

The car as changed a little at the rear since taking that photo with the extra zaust.

The bhp at present is standard except for the induction kit added and the zaust which I am sure have added a little to the standard. However, I am currently looking at a remap

agree, in my opinion, front wing (lower front bumper spoiler) and rear wing would be enough for aerodynamics, other stuff is not neccessery.

hey looks nice have you tried Kleeman for a remap, also there are tons of rims on fleabay both originals and some pretty good knock offs as well for a descent price.

Cant find any information from Kleeman on the V6 320 engine ecu upgrade. I would prefer to buy new wheels rather than risk fleabay anyway with two different offsets it would be difficult to find a set on the auction sites.

Cannot find a decent wheel stockist to supply a set of wheels with different offsets. All advertise but when you type in the vehicle and model all come back with cannot help you

Lovely car Cen, cant go wrong with a merc, my mate has the kompressor, drives and handles like a dream.
The reiger kit is nice, you done right by the bumper, as the whole kit is very boy racerish too outstanding.
I've got the reiger rear bumper on mine.

Thanks reiger make or rather design a good range of kits. The SLK should have been remapped today unfortunately I live on high ground and could not battle the snow on the driveway to fetch it into work where the tuning guy was going to meet me.

I called him to explain and rescheduled the remap for next week.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back