SLK 350 Suspension mod

nakulan7

Car
SLK 350
Hi

I am new here!

I have an 05 SLK 350 with stock sport suspension on 17 inch rims. I am thinking of switching to Bilstein B8s with Eibach springs.

This is generally thought to be a good mod but i am slightly nervous about lowering as most of my fun drives are on the dales. Would B8s be OK with stock Sport springs?

Any other options for making it handle better. Its sport suspension is better than the sport suspension of my old R171 SLK 200, but it could be better, i feel.

Kind regards

It best to do both or neither - the springs will compliment the dampers and make a big difference but of course ride will not be as comfortable.

I had brabus wheels and suspension fitted to my slk - completely changed the car

Hi

I am new here!

I have an 05 SLK 350 with stock sport suspension on 17 inch rims. I am thinking of switching to Bilstein B8s with Eibach springs.

This is generally thought to be a good mod but i am slightly nervous about lowering as most of my fun drives are on the dales. Would B8s be OK with stock Sport springs?

Any other options for making it handle better. Its sport suspension is better than the sport suspension of my old R171 SLK 200, but it could be better, i feel.

Kind regards

Greetings and Welcome! ;)

Fitting suspension isnt High tec pretty nuch anyone can do it but you need to get it set up properly and for the best results get a full laser alignment done.

Switching the minor bushings to Polyeurothane can really tighten up the handling. If the car suspension bushes are in good condition you'll probably only notice a slight improvement. I don't recommend uprating the large bushings to poly bushes though on most cars, you need a bit of give in them, especially on cars with Torsion beam setups (I doubt this affects you though.)

Get the tyre pressures right and choose the right rubber, this can have a big effect on handling and tyres are something you should never skimp on.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back