Slight Leak From Gearbox Casing

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
My car had a safety recall recently and I took it in today, Nissan offered a free health check and happily obliged.

Now, there are a few things from the check up that can be readily fixed by a good servicing. However, there is apparently a slight leak from the gearbox casing that requires a re-seal.

From experience/knowledge what figure would you estimate for the price of such a re-seal? I'll post up what I've been quoted after a few posts :lol:

Is it where the gearbox joins the engine? If so I reckon they will charge about £200 for that.

They never specified, and the mechanic wasn't available to comment :blink: not happy one bit. And you're way off the mark haha

The recall was to do with electric unit corrosion. I was quoted £400 for the repair :amazed: but it's annoying not knowing which part of the gearbox has the 'slight leak' and if it could cause potential contamination of the clutch or end up getting progressively worse with continued driving.

A repair to the tune of £400 is recommended and I'm still allowed to just drive off without talking to anyone else but the receptionist? The more I think about it the more furious I become.

I've heard gasket sealer being used on leaks before but I'm slightly dubious :confused: Thanks for the reply guys