Sleepers or attention grabbers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which sort of driver are you? Do you prefer to drive a sleeper (q car) or something that grabs a lot of attention?

I'm definately a sleeper. I like the power but don't feel the need to tell the world about it.

What about a sleeper that makes a lot of noise? Does that still count as a sleeper?

claymore

The Torque Meister
Car
T-10k,
you mean this one

prevtec

Pro Tuner
Car
prelude 2.2vtec jap
Which sort of driver are you? Do you prefer to drive a sleeper (q car) or something that grabs a lot of attention?

I'm definately a sleeper. I like the power but don't feel the need to tell the world about it.

What about a sleeper that makes a lot of noise? Does that still count as a sleeper?
that you can call a snorer ha ha,

welcome back mate

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Well I don't know i'm stuck. Cause i've de-badged my car so I guess I like to let people guess what engine it's got. But I've got an induction kit and loud exhaust and stereo install so I guess i'm a bit of both....:bigsmile::bigsmile: I have done the exhaust or the install to be heard by everyone I did it to be individual.

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
I like to hear the roar from the engine. You can't get a better sound than an impreza with a full stainless and a de-cat pipe. My god they sound amazing. Just my preference though. Each to their own an all that.:bigsmile:

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
i like the attetion grabber, not ppl who drive like dicks, but cars that stand out and make your jaw drop,

also tacky corsas and saxos dont count ;)

a bit off topic but how can i remove the vtr badge from the plastic side gaurd things

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Just wait. They'll fall off in the car wash sooner or later. My GTX has turned into a GT on one side :)

lol I got most of mine off just by leaving that side of the car in what sunshine we had this summer. We did have a couple of very hot days an I just left a badge in the sun for a while an just pulled it off. There is only minor bits that were left. I need to T-cut it to remove the rest.

HDi fun

TC ModFather
Car
Passat 2.0 TDi
It is passenger side. I haven't removed the trim but I wonder if removing the passenger seat would help. 1. It's heavy due to electric adjustment motors etc. 2. Passengers are heavier still.

RobBentley

The Torque Meister
Car
Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
Definatly 'Q' car 'Sleeper' for me - but I do like to make alot of noise ( hence the exhaust system on the W8 ), but because its a sleeper people look everywhere for the noise other than at me :p

Izo Azlion

Road Burner
Car
Golf GT TDI Sport
See, I suppose you'd call mine a Sleeper, and thats fine, I love my Golf.

But really? I'm a bit of an attention whore. I'd love something that turns heads for its sound and its looks. But not some Clio with a dustbin attached to it. Like I said in another thread; Evo - aggressive looks, good noise. Such like an RS4, RS6, Skyline GTR, etc. Those are all fine as standard, because they're already loud and 'look at me'

I guess im from the knobhead generation. That, or the sound of a diesel engine is beginning to get at me. The next car *is* going to be petrol, so I dont have to have my music to cover the engine noise.

That said the Golf is lovely and powerful so I cant complain too much :p

RobBentley

The Torque Meister
Car
Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
You'd love my Land Rover Izo - sounds like a tractor. Thankfully Land Rover fitted a Harman Kardon system with Subwoofer to it as standard fit :)

Tempted to get a recording of a V8 ;)

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
My Civic is going to be all rounder...it'll have immense power and look the tits! I think you have to mod in a slightly different way as you get older...so I wanna do it all now before I'll look like an idiot! :lol:

Wcnwzrd

Track Warrior
Car
95 300zx TT (RIP)
me personally i like the attention that a stock car with minor mods (rims, exhaust) gets and keep everything as close to original as possible exterior wise. I like my tunes but don't need them to blast out the neighborhood so just do basic upgrades such as a small amp/sub combo 500 to 750 watts is fine with me and upgraded speakers/head unit. Of course driving a Z around the states gets you attention just due to the fact that thier not like civics or corvettes, you see them just not that often.

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
I prefer good performance to looks but still have nothing against drawing attention to myself.