Sleepers at lights

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How often do you see a light you are waiting for turn green only to discover that the car in front is completely oblivious to it!

Do you honk your horn? Does this happen much to you? I've been behind 3 drivers today who did this! GAAAAHHH!

I beep my horn, or try and slip past. I usually give the driver in front a nice hand gesture when he looks in his mirror as well.

I know one land, from the area of Bridgend, who was riding his bike and pulled up at a set of traffic lights. The woman, who was turning right, had parked right up agains the raillings so he could not get passed (as bikes do) She was busy talking on her phone when they went green. After applying some slap and talking away on the phone the lights turned red. This lad jumped off his bike and opened her door (she must have been in shock) grabbed her mobile and tested the phones durability by tossing it into the middle of the oncomming road. Jumped on his bike and ran the red!!

Bet she will take more care from now on!!

For a minute there I was expecting you to say a Rover 45 with a T16 turbo with caravan club and national trust stickers in the back window!

I always beep the horn to alert them. I see it alot, normally filtered lights where drivers are watching the wrong set.

For those of you who do beep your horn, can you give us a little longer than 0.00000000000000000000000001 of a second, as that seems to be the standard time these days.

What makes me laugh more at lights is clutch riders. You see them creeping forward a millimeter at a time. I have no idea what they think they are going to gain from being 6 inches further down the road, apart from a reduced clutch life. I can only imagine how stressful their lives must be that they feel the need to do it.

Those people have no mechanical sympathy and probably wonder why they need a new clutch every few years!

Worse ones are those who nudge over the stop line by a few feet! I was behind one that moved a cars length before the lights changed.

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!
How often have I wanted to stop someone who is using a phone and take it and throw it, wherever they are using them:blink::blink:
Yep, I guess we have all had these idiots who cannot see a light change (often when there is a filter!)
I also, many years ago; had a driver come to a halt in front of me because he/she had stopped for lights which were to the right side of road for vehicles turning right:amazed: [there were no lights on left side!!]
with regard to the lad on his bike's actions. He most likely was able to get away with it because he had no Index plate:blink1:
IF the woman had been able to get (yours) You would probably have been charged. Possibly with Criminal damage:sad2:
I beep my horn, or try and slip past. I usually give the driver in front a nice hand gesture when he looks in his mirror as well.

I know one land, from the area of Bridgend, who was riding his bike and pulled up at a set of traffic lights. The woman, who was turning right, had parked right up agains the raillings so he could not get passed (as bikes do) She was busy talking on her phone when they went green. After applying some slap and talking away on the phone the lights turned red. This lad jumped off his bike and opened her door (she must have been in shock) grabbed her mobile and tested the phones durability by tossing it into the middle of the oncomming road. Jumped on his bike and ran the red!!

Bet she will take more care from now on!!

Yeah! Glabus agrees with something that I have said! :love: I feel the same now as I did when I first won £20 in a scratch card.

Right, off to do some doughnuts in the old people's home carpark. (joke) lol :lol:

When i read the title i thought it was about meeting cars at the lights that appear to be normal looking but then leave you for dust as the lights change, one happened to me the other day, it was a ford mondeo that literally spun all four wheels as the lights went green before disapearing into the distance in cloud of spray and cr@p,

I hate it when people don't move off from the lights because they haven't been watching and anticipating.

what i hate more than green light sleepers are the none indicator drivers:mad:
the ones who are in the right hand lane where you can go straight on as well as turning right. and when the lights turn to green they then pull forward slightly and then indicate(sometimes:mad:)
this has been happening alot recently on the tyburn road in both directions:mad:

Thing is. I hate sitting on my brakes, so unless I know it's only going to be a couple of seconds I will put the handbrake on. When the light goes from red to amber I will reach down and take the handbrake off and by the time it's green I am rolling.

I have had people behind me beep their horns the EXACT moment the light turned to green. Again, I have to wonder just what is so urgent in their stressed lives that they have to do this.

yeah the ones who are away on amber dont as such annoy me as the ones who jump red lights. the sensors pick them up and you have to wait even longer.

any more than a few seconds after green and its horn blast time. that at least allow the slower ones to select a gear and start moving

You'd have been beeping at me today. Uphill at a green on fresh snow with RWD left me struggling for traction. The fresh snow just packed into the trye tread and leaft HDi with nil grip. Sheet ice is easier, at least it stays stuck to the road. :)

I do most of my driving at night, so the sensors always turn the lights green for me. If someone pips their horn behind me i'll wait until the light turns orange then go leaving the guy behind me stuck on a red (with a nice hand gesture too) Unless traffic is heavy. Don't want others to suffer. Handbrake and neutral at every red light. Patience is a virtue :)

Hi,
I post this to you Waynne because it might start off a related thread:blink:
A couple of replies have noted the actions of a great many drivers to sit on their brakes at T lights.
Only one has mentioned Handbrake on and neutral:confused:So.... In my ADI days that was a compulsory act if you intended to pass the Test. Now we all know that rules etc have/may have altered since 1970s.
I therefore wonder if H & N are still in force but, naturally; disregarded by drivers who have passed?
The action at night can STILL cause the driver behind to lose night vision from the glare, especially with high level lights that most cars now have.
Also, why do drivers feel the need to have any brakes on if on the level and, apparently; wanting a swift takeoff?:blink::confused:
How often do you see a light you are waiting for turn green only to discover that the car in front is completely oblivious to it!

Do you honk your horn? Does this happen much to you? I've been behind 3 drivers today who did this! GAAAAHHH!