Skyline Owners ???

There are definately a fair few.;) Perhaps they are shy? Hang on, can shy people buy Nissan Skylines?

How is yours going then?

Hi all not so shy skyline owner here lol . I own a rare R32GTS-4 (baby GTR ) RB20DET, single turbo ,4WD (can be made RWD only remove fuse like GTR) 4WS non V spec.Haven't had it long so at the moment putting everythink right , checking all systems and generally give it abit of TLC , so far four tyres, sorted abs, sorting Hicas (but might just fit lock-out bar as there twitchie buggers lol) turbo is mint as in engine (new oil/filter etc no smokeor play from turbo) . To be fitted shocks all round (old ones leaking badly) up-rated turbo elbow for better gas flow around waste gate , down pipe and de-cat. stage 1 ecu chip 280bhp 0.9 bar (no higher as its the useless ceramic std turbo, (might up-grade ) don't know yet , Wish list FMIC , HKS 4wd controller (saves messing with fuse) boost controller (but might leave it as chip controls max boost 0.9bar)

Last edited:
You sound like a man with a plan Mcvites69. You're nearly at 10 posts, how about posting up some pics of your pride and joy?

should have a problem now with 10 posts.

you need to go advanced to upload the pics or load them onto something like photobucket and use the links they provide

It might have been too big. Let me know if you're having trouble with the site and I'll see what I can sort out for you.

Wayne, you need to get some pics up matey ! Your Car Sounds Awsome ! I like your spec aswell and your very true about not upping the boost to over .9 as the STD turbo just wont handle it ! Iam currently considering upping mine to .8 along with a custom remap which should be interesting ! Bit worried about my exhaust manifold though as I have a bolt missing and I fear this may start to leek if i start upping power / boost levels !
Wayne, Did upping your boost from .6 to .9 make a big difference ?

i used to run my GTST at 1.5 bar with a standard bottom end made 500bhp with supporting mods to head intake and hot side.

ran for ages with no problems. well until i decided that i wanted to put the RB30 in so we thought we would see just what it could take. it finaly let go at 1.8bar with the rev limit set to 8.5k and even then a piston ring went nothing else and we had been raggin the tits out of it all day. ok the piston ring caused the oil breather to pop out which spued hot oil onto the exhaust manifold and setting fire to the manifold lol was all good fun lol wouldnt recomend pushing it that hard though

you gotta love the RB's.

wow! how are you guys getting around the 500bhp mark on stock internals???? we're recommended not to push any more than 400. i understand it isnt reliable but how are you doing it with out the bottom end falling out or something.

yay skyline!!! yay sideways!!! yay tyre smoke with a hint of clutch!!!

all the skyline sites and tuners say dont do it purely because they dont want any come backs if it does go wrong ( safe tuning )which im sure it can if mappig and set up isnt right, you will be pushing the engine to its limits so everything must be spot on with the set up, if you use a realy decent mapper / tunner you shouldnt have any problems if you get your fueling and everything right, it all depends if your wiling to take the risk, the conversation myself and my tuner had was push it if it goes we'll stick the RB30 in it so i wasnt bothered about it popping. mine ran fine was as quick as hell the only reason it finaly popped was because i uped it to a 9 grand rev limit and i was using anti lag too, even at that point it only snapped a ring it didnt crack split or melt anything when stripping the pistons didnt show any signs of det they were spotless, still got the melted one mounted on a stand in my garage lol

hay i have an r33 gtst good modest mods 181bhp and something like 460Nm am glad to find ppl on here with skylines

is there any skyline owners on here from australia though other than me

i used to run my GTST at 1.5 bar with a standard bottom end made 500bhp with supporting mods to head intake and hot side.

ran for ages with no problems. well until i decided that i wanted to put the RB30 in so we thought we would see just what it could take. it finaly let go at 1.8bar with the rev limit set to 8.5k and even then a piston ring went nothing else and we had been raggin the tits out of it all day. ok the piston ring caused the oil breather to pop out which spued hot oil onto the exhaust manifold and setting fire to the manifold lol was all good fun lol wouldnt recomend pushing it that hard though

you gotta love the RB's.

hay just a question of interest what made you go with the rb30

theres no replacement for displacement a wise man once said to me.

i want to go silly power 1000bhp + @ the flywheel with plenty of tourque, its easier to get there with a 3ltr as the 25 and 26 rb's are notoriously hard to get realy high tourqe figures from and the 28 high decks are as expensive as hell, if you look at most of the big power drag liners they run the os giken rb30 which is a capped and re sleaved rb26. i decided to take the advise of the asutralian boys and go the stronger option and get a proper RB30 block imported and build from scratch

Last edited: