Skoda octavia 4x4 or scout wanted for parts

COOLMAN

Wrench Pro
Car
SKODA VRS OCTAVIA
Hi.
I am searching for accident write off Skoda Octavia Scout or 4x4 Tdi 140bhp to use as a donor car for 4xmotion project on my 2006 Vrs TDI Estate.
It must be a Tdi for Gearbox ratio's. Condition unimportant as long as main drive train and electronics OK. It does not have to be a driver.
Trying to get a late one with latest Haldex system if possible.
Coolie :cool:

Hi.
Thanks for reply.
I missed a written off 4x4 Octy 140 in wales for less than 2 grand .
I see your point but i have room in my workshop to have the two cars off the road while i carry out the work plus i cant be bothered to go hunting and pecking for old stuff as at only 25000 miles i want the car as near factory as i can get it plus i'll have all the ecu, wiring, etc. I'm wanting a Tdi so that i will have compatable spare's after the job's done. I reckon 2 grand for the whole car is less than the parts bought individually ! Trouble is finding one.
I think the logical way to go now is to simply trade over to a new 4x4 which now comes with the 4th generation Haldex with faster response time plus the CR lump etc. My RS has just come out of it's warrantee period so it's a good time to think about this then i'll give the 4x4 a gradual VRS make over.The interior is almost pure RS apart from the seats and steering wheel. As you are in the front line of forum info are there any rumours of a R 32 style Oct'y? ( WISHFULL THINKING ) Common sense would have me buying an S4 or similar but i really like the Octavia's and the huge boot . It's a shame that it and the Leon will be kept down the pecking order. CHEERS Coolie:cool:

Last edited:
not heard anything but im surprised somebodys not already dropped one in - its really only a weekend job with the Mk1 using the Mk4 3,2. the mk5 use a different setup in the engine so alot harder to get running right.

"in the front line of forum info" lol no where near it i missed the RS3 coming out.

have you thought about an s4 advant id your after the boot space ? i know im thinking about the A4 as my next one and thinking the advant looks better in some ways than the saloon

Hi
Yes i agree an S4 is a good way to go but the Oct'y is still a Cool choice as i go days sometimes and never see another Vrs then suddenly one comes along flashing his lights in acknowledgement!. ( No not an unmarked one!.). Just something about the cars shape and sober design that really appeals to me. What i really want is the VRs's low key looks with a well sorted Tdi lump and the R32's transmission capability underpinning it all.There are alternative Haldex controller's available which offer a faster reaction response if i use the Mech's from an earlier car. Trouble is i'm desperate to start another project so i guess i'll end up taking the hard way out in the end if i'm to get exactly what i want. I'm still looking for a donor car so i know it;s going to happen i can feel it!.

Thanks for feedback
Coolie:cool:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back