skoda 1.9cdti tune up

Fireonsunny

Wrench Pro
Car
skoda superb1.9cdti
Hi all iv not been on here long but think its a great forum i was just looking for advice on tunning up my skoda Superb 1.9cdti on what is the best way to go round doing so any advice would be appriciated.
Thanks
Fireonsunny

I had my Skoda tuned from Shark performance and the result was awesome....And the clutch started slipping after 10 k miles...

is it not 1.9 TDI engine?? What HP BTW

Thanks for reply davejam its the vw engine 1.9cdti 130 bhp pal would you say its worth remaping the ecu or did it cause you more problems then it was worth?

I have the 130 engine remapped. I kept it to 170 bhp and 290 lbft. Its possible to go way over this but the clutch is only rated to 300 lbft. I had this done at 98k, it's now on 146k with no engine issues. I had to have a new clutch at 110k but I think cos the previous owner did a lot of towing.

The remap itself was so well worth the money. Massive increase in midrange urge,turbo comes in earlier and for longer soi the power band is larger. Better mpg on cruise too. I would remap any diesel I had.

I think it is definitely worth it and PD 130 is the best of the lot!!! I was so pleased with tuning that I got my current FRV remapped...

If you don't drive as if you have stolen the car,VW clutches are pretty good so will definitely recommend as mine was due for replacement afterv 75 k mileage...

I was on briskoda forum and there was a deal going for 200 quid stage 1 remap from Shark...i am sure celtic and Angel may also offer deals from time to time...

Thanks guys for your replys i think i know what route to take now and cant wait lol. Thanks for the links and all advice.

Thanks for reply davejam i might sound silly hear like bug i dont know much about remaps if i keep lb at 290 is it posible to take bhp up to 180/200 ? like i say dont know much about remaps pal.

You could go more if you want and get an uprated clutch for a few hundred. Tbh I wouldn't want much more torque as it doesn't take much to spin the wheels especially in the wet.

I think 290 lb would be great and i think I might go 190 bhp iv just spoke to a mate and he can do it fof me for 150 pound is that worth it ?

Is he a DIY tuner or ??

I am not insinuating anything better to work with outfits whose results are well known & who offer money back guarantee if you are not happy and all...

SO It's your choice but 150 is a good price as 3 years ago i paid 200 to shark but prices seem to have gone up these days unless you avail of group buy or something similar...

That was mad it wouldnt let me reply. Hi davejam im not to sure as hes a friend of a friend but if not i can go to scunthorpe and get it done for £200. What type of exhaust would you put on it as i can get a gt proformance one twin exit strt through for £144 but dont know if it would be ok for my car? What do you think.

This is a modification project and not simple tuning query..I would be boxing much above my weight to answer that so lets hear from experts..

That was mad it wouldnt let me reply. Hi davejam im not to sure as hes a friend of a friend but if not i can go to scunthorpe and get it done for £200. What type of exhaust would you put on it as i can get a gt proformance one twin exit strt through for £144 but dont know if it would be ok for my car? What do you think.

I paid 150 to a diy bloke who was an audi tech during the day. He did a good job, he was conscientious and it was him who recommended I keep mine at 170 cos of the mileage of the car,

Hi yuguy what was the power increas like going to 170 from 130 ? would i be impressed do you think as my car has 99k on clocks so might just take it up to 170 what do you think pal ?.

whoever told you the superb was a ctdi is wrong the 1.9 was only avalible as PD engine
cant comment on the superbs but as the exhaust on the other cars that used that engine flow pretty well so wouldnt bother unless you want to change the noise it makes.

does it have the 5 or 6 speed gearbox fitted ? if its the 6spd then set aside more than a couple hundred for a clutch. i looked at an uprated one for my old car. the 6spd uses a bigger flywheel and clutch, cost for replacement was going to be around a grand. the older 5spd one can have a mix up of another flywheel and clutch fitted for a couple of hundred

Hi pgarner thanks for reply its a 5 spd box and the exhaust fitted as standered is gt turbo back box it would of been more to hear the turbo noise more then anything. The cdti thing was insurane thing and i think on logbook. I think it says cdti but i know it is 130 pd engine.

Cheers davejam ill look into it. Hi HDI fun i will have to look at my insurance certificate as i could be wrong but im sure thats what tjey said on phone. Thanks guys for advice