Silly ways to improve your MPG

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Lets hear some silly suggestions on how to improve your MPG.

What about getting the wife and kids to push the car everywhere? That seems to me to be about as eco friendly as it gets!

Fire a grappling hook at the back of a lorry and just turn off your engine.;)

Electro-magnetic grappling 'hook'? Fire onto the car in front and steal their power ;) :D.

use someone elses car works for me lol

My girlfriend does this - and hands the FreeLander back empty. She drives a petrol car, and despite doing a few thousand miles in the FreeLander has never bought Diesel fuel in her life.

Allow the floorpan to become littered with several inches of general rubbish and junk. The slight increase in weight doesn't matter but you'll only be able to get the accelerator down about 1/4 of an inch :)

Electro-magnetic grappling 'hook'? Fire onto the car in front and steal their power ;) :D.

BMW used this for their adverts on the 1st April this year :D

Drive to the firestation and borrow their cutting gear to remove the roof and windows - all that weight saved!

Solar panel on the roof and windmill power generators on the wing. It should save a lot of alternator work! And you could strap a few washing machine motors to the wheels for a bit of hybrid power.

Change the international standards for a mile.

Tie pigeons to the roof of the car to reduce rolling weight.

Time your Journeys with the moon so the tidal forces will pull your car along.

Remove you 205 width tyres & replace them 25 width ones.

Build a pulse jet engine out of old exhausts parts & strap it to your car (wont improve fuel economy, but it'll be fun trying!). :lol:

Solar panel on the roof and windmill power generators on the wing. It should save a lot of alternator work! And you could strap a few washing machine motors to the wheels for a bit of hybrid power.

Waynne, you've got it!

Use electric motors on the non driven wheels of an electric car as generators to drive the motors on the driven wheels.

No batteries, no fuel tank, no traditional engine.

;)

Change the international standards for a mile.

Tie pigeons to the roof of the car to reduce rolling weight.

Time your Journeys with the moon so the tidal forces will pull your car along.

Remove you 205 width tyres & replace them 25 width ones.

Build a pulse jet engine out of old exhausts parts & strap it to your car (wont improve fuel economy, but it'll be fun trying!). :lol:

All valid methods, except the pigeons :)

Waynne, you've got it!

Use electric motors on the non driven wheels of an electric car as generators to drive the motors on the driven wheels.

No batteries, no fuel tank, no traditional engine.

;)
:lol: Perpetual motion that is the answer.

We know cars use more fuel going up hill so fit the wheels at an angle so the car is going down hill all the time. Better still fit smaller wheels at the front so the car is always on a downward slope.