Silly new driving law

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
As of this week driving whilst needing to urinate can land you in hot water.

Police have powers to issue penalties to drivers needing to use the toilet. They will recieve a P155 endorsement on their licence which will be treated by insurers as seriously as a Driving without due care but not as serious as a drink driving conviction the offence carries 3 points and a $60-£120 fine.

Police traffic enforecment officers have been issued with a roadside testing kit to determin if an offence has been comitted. The kit comprises of a simple blood test and a blood pressure monitor. The police will need to have seen evidence of erratic driving such as failing to keep to a dead straight line or late braking etc...

I think we have enough motoring laws and these latest Home Office guidelines really suck. Here we have yet another money making scam from the poor motorist.

the thing that anoys me is that we all sit down and take it. no one will fight the system

Noone gets a chance, this was pushed through before April the 5th tax year end to avoid a consultation process :evil:

I'm surprised that the British justice system is considering collect fines in foreign corrency.

10/10 for style, Waynne. Subletly, about 2

ah...... my blood pressure is typically 160/110 - which is really high - if the police stop no doubt i will get done and then have to present doctors certs etc.....
Looking at the other side - if you are weaving all over the road then you need to be stopped

Ah this is another really silly law thats going to piss people off though, i personally though try to make sure i go to the toilet before i get in my car anyway.

This isnt really fair to people with weak bladders though who are driving along a road where theres no stops for miles and it suddenly creeps up on them, although im sure most people can hold it in without driving eradically and theres always the bush on the side of the road :p.