should these wheels fit my car?

sam4191

Car
Audi A4 2.4 V6 (B5)
Hi people,

A bit late to ask, but I have these TSW Catalunya 19" wheels, that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I don't yet have tyres on them, but fitted them up to my car earlier this afternoon.

I noticed that the hubs on the wheels are larger than the hubs on the car. Studs fit fine, also, I noticed that there may not be a great distance between the tyres and some of the suspension assembly on the front, and the bottom of the shock on the rear.

Firsty, is there anything I can do to make the hubs on the car bigger, or hubs on the wheels smaller, in order for them to fit properly?

Secondly, What is there that I can do if rubbing occurs?

Here is the link to the wheels I bought on ebay;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260343336229

would inserting wheel spacers help at all would you think?

As you may be able to tell, I'm pretty new to this wheel fitting business, so any help would be great!

Thanks alot

Sam

what age is the A4 if its on the older models you cn only get up to 18" without having issues not sure about the newer models
with 19" youll prob need spaces nd the arches rolled to allow you clearance without rubbing issues

the hubs should be alright as long as the stud pattern is the same

what age is the A4 if its on the older models you cn only get up to 18" without having issues not sure about the newer models
with 19" youll prob need spaces nd the arches rolled to allow you clearance without rubbing issues

the hubs should be alright as long as the stud pattern is the same

Hi mate,

Thanks for that. It's the facelift B5 (2000). The circumferance shouldnt be much more than the current wheels and tyres. I don't see a problem with the arches, just the suspension.

cool that the hubs should be ok.

cheers

Is the offset (ET) comparable to your current set-up? If it is out the wrong way then you will have clearance issues and I would not recommend spacers. But that is my opinion as I know others use them.

Is the offset (ET) comparable to your current set-up? If it is out the wrong way then you will have clearance issues and I would not recommend spacers. But that is my opinion as I know others use them.

Well, yes, the current (standard 16") wheels are ET 35, my wheels are 45. So a huge difference. The largest ET to fit my car is 42, apparently.

Why wouldn't you recommend spacers?:confused:

they put stain on the hubs and bolts. you may need slightly longer bolts (may be supplied with the wheels). also with such a large jump, 16-19", it would be an idea to get your speedo recalibrated

they put stain on the hubs and bolts. you may need slightly longer bolts (may be supplied with the wheels). also with such a large jump, 16-19", it would be an idea to get your speedo recalibrated

oh right, fair play.

Not sure on the speedo recalibration, there is only a 47mm difference in circumference. according to a calculator for it on a website, the difference should be 1.69mph. Would you have thought that sory of difference is worth bothering about? If so, how much would this be approx?

Just to update and let you know....

I fitted the wheels yesterday, had no problems at all, no rubbing or anything. I have had 225/35/19 tyres fitted and they look awesome!!!

The only thing I needed with the was a set of spigot rings. I am very pleased! thanks for everyones help on this!:D

Cheers

Sam

sam, i have the same model and year of audi, i am also looking for a new set of wheels, what kind did you get? because im struggling to decide on a set that will lokk good on the car. would be greatful of the help thanks

Hi mate,

I got a set of TSW Catalunya's. They are a split rim style with polished alloy rim with anthracite inner. I think they look good. But at the moment would like something a little more simple looking. My car is silver, so quite a nice contrast... what colour is you car?

Use this to check your wheel/tyre combination, I would guess you have around 8% error.

When I changed mine to 18's I picked the correct tyre comination in order to achieve a -1mm rolling circumference so no errors to worry about.

could go for a smaller tyre size if there is rubbing and to make the car hub larger just ring it to the size of the wheel!