short shifter

ade225R

Car
seat leon cupra r
Just bought a forge short shifter ... And for the life of me i cant pull the old shifter offf... Yes i have removed the 13mm nut ,,, but it is not budging any 1 got any tips

Just bought a forge short shifter ... And for the life of me i cant pull the old shifter offf... Yes i have removed the 13mm nut ,,, but it is not budging any 1 got any tips

:confused: when all else fails read installation instructions :bigsmile:

PS IF you have them ;)

Just fit the same kit to a 57 model. They just pull off if anyone was wondering, makes sense to change the bushings at the same time.
Get anything to lever it off.

Before buying a bigger hammer, call Forge. They make them so they should know how to fit them.

They are just held on by a 13mm onto a splined rod, after taking off the 13mm bolt the only thing holding it in place is the friction between the shifter and the splined rod. A good tug did mine.
Only a retaining clip holds the rod end in place. The new shifter will only go on one way as the splined rod has a blank spline on it and the shift mech to match.

In that case, get someone to pull on the lever while you tap it with a hammer as near to the splines as possible. The vibration of the gear lever should loosen the grip between the splines. Tap the lever as quickly as possible.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back