Shell Vpower Nitro+

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts and experiences with this fuel? (Diesel or Petrol)

I found the diesel ran smoother with this Nitro+ but didn't really notice a power hike. I'll keep switching around though and report back. I've only had 2 tank fulls of fuel so far which is not enough to make any kind of comparison.

I like the Shell Nitro plus, power is noticeable or should I say the beast responds much better on this than it does on BP Ultimate. On a car with 600+ BHP you still notice the difference ;)

Used to notice a difference with the old vpower with the bora. ive only put a tank full of the nitro in the skoda so cant comment on how well it runs, cant say ive noticed much difference so far

I Used to run my st24 on this nearly all the time it felt much better for it.
I Have started to use it in my mondeo zetec s its to early to tell any difference yet.

I would be interested to see the actual difference between the old V-Power and the new Nitro+ version.

I Am on my fourth tankful now the car seems to run a little better than when I brought it a month ago.
I Will be making this my fuel of choice.
Also the reward scheme is bad either although I sooner they made it cheaper!

I must find out from my friend how much the Ferrari baseball cap cost him in reward points on the Shell card. He uses V-Power all the time and always collects the points on the card, apparently the best item he could afford to get out of the points was the cap :blink:

I Don,t buy stuff from the cataloge I wait for the money off fuel vouchers.
It takes a while but anything off is a bonus as I am using the fuel anyway.

I was rewarded with an £11.50 fuel voucher for buying nearly 2300 litres of fuel. It cost me more than that to drive the extra few miles to Shell!

I am not certain that V-Power Nitro+ is actually any different to it's predecessor, namely V-Power.

I have had a good look around the internets and on first inspection it appears that there are various different V-Power petrol formulations throughout the world.

So Shell's bold 'Performance Reinvented' claim might well be nothing more than 'Performance Renamed'.

I have tried it in my car and don't really find any significant difference in comparison with standard Shell/Esso etc. 95 RON petrol.

My car doesn't really need super unleaded anyway - the 2.8 litre M52TU engine is not highly tuned and doesn't have a particularly high compression ratio.

I don,t suppose my car really needs it either but it feels better to me unless its just in my mind.
It can,t really do any harm so I think I will stick with it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back