Share your experiences with brakes

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What experiences have you had with brake upgrades?

I fitted a set of racing pads which turned out to be useless on the road as they never got hot enough and they also made a horrible sound every time I applied them.

Dot 5 brake fluid worked quite well for me as did an upgrade to braided brake hoses.

Large discs always made a big difference to me even if I only used standard OEM pads for the new disc size.

Vented and grooved discs work much better than standard discs for the same size. I suppose I am comparing old with new but the pads move into the disc as it wears so I reckon the comparison stands.

Brake upgrades are crucial for enhancing a vehicle's stopping power and overall safety. Many drivers opt for aftermarket brake components like high-performance brake pads, rotors, and calipers to improve braking efficiency. Upgraded brakes often provide better heat dissipation, reducing the risk of brake fade during intense driving conditions. However, the effectiveness of brake upgrades depends on factors such as driving habits, vehicle weight, and the intended use. It's essential to choose upgrades that align with your specific driving needs and ensure proper installation. Regular maintenance and brake fluid checks also contribute to optimal brake performance. Overall, brake upgrades can significantly enhance a vehicle's stopping capabilities, providing a safer and more responsive driving experience.