Setting up your car seat

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How do you position your car seat and steering wheel.

1) _\ Seat leaning forwards slightly
2) _| Seat straight up or slightly inclined backwards
3) _/ Seat inclined backwards a lot (the racing driver position)

I used to wind my seat right back when I was young but now it is only slightly inclined backwards.

I prefer to have straight arms on the steering wheel but I check I can get my palms over the top of the wheel comfortably. Then I sit with arms at the Quarter to Three position or a little lower on long motorway drives.

Do you find some cars are impossible to get a good driving position in?

So how do you like yours?

if u want race positions u got 3 rules-
1-when u press the brake as much as u can your leg shoulb be slightly angled in knee
2-when u straighten your armes your ancles should be able to fall behind the wheel
3-u should completly straightn your back(90 degrees ideal)

i prefer and drive like that,but if im in trafic jam or long journeys than i like to incline backwardsa litle...

Im told I sit pretty close and pretty up-right from friends who have driven my car.

I tend to have Memory 1 set like this (default) and memory 2 is further away with the seat angled further back for motorway cruising. I don't like to feel I am "away from the action" when pressing on...

Inclined pretty much since my back can't handle the upright 90° position. A bit back since I have long legs and arms and hands at 15 to 3 in more challenging situations but 15 to 5 while cruzing

I have OCD when it comes to car seats. It has to be just in the rite position or I become a hypochondriac and start to think my back is broken or my legs will fall off. I don't let any one ells (other than mechanics) drive my car now, but my old one, id let any one drive her on one condition! You can move the seat forwards and backwards on the rails but you touch the position of the gradient then expect to lose your fingers! Oh, and to your question.....2.... slightly back

For me; Slightly leant back but close enough so my legs are about 70 deg when the pedals are right down.

Me and my dad are both quite tall but have totally different driving postions :confused: so I suppose its just whatever suits.

My upper body accounts for most of my height (42" waist to head), as such I find I need to be low and inclined backwards for comfort.

If I'm just taking another vehicle for a short drive, I won't adjust it (for obvious reasons).