Sentimental Value

vasser

Car
BMW Z4 3.0SI
Hi all.

Well guys, I'm looking to purchase a VW Polo 1.6CL Classic Saloon.
The reason is this was my very first car and everything since dosen't seem to have that emotional attachment i had with my Polo.
Mine was Dragon Green and i belive it was the 75bhp engine on an R reg.
I want one with the 100bhp and am wondering about what mods i can do to make it behave more like my latter cars.

I was thinking would it be possible to fit a Turbo to the engine or would i be better to fit a whole new engine system with a turbo, maybe 1.8t?
A decent set of Brakes with some new wheels. Idealy VW, about 15" -16" fitted with Yokohama Tyres.

Any other mods u guys can suggest?

Does any one know how hard it would be to make a custom body kit as i can't find any thing i like.

Cheers
Vasser:D

The 1.8T would be a lovely engine to fit. You'll need a gearbox and will certainly need wider tyres as there is a lot of power to put down.

Fitting a turbo is a massive job and a lot more expensive and time consuming than an engine swap.

Ok so after looking in to it a bit more an engine swap sounds like a plan.
So what engine should i use and gear chain?
Thinking about the interior too. How would i go about creating a uniuqe custom interior. I want it to look fresh and stylish that will be compatable with my Ipod ect...

Cheers

youll probably find there wasnt much difference between the 1.4 and 1.6 versions other than the engine. if your going to change the engine anyway then save yourself some money and get the 1.4

1.8t is a nice engine however the ECU would need to have the immobiliser disabled or you would also have to include the instrument panel and ignition barrel as well.
infact if your wanting to make a custom interior then this could look pretty smart - old on the outside and pretty new on the inside.

scrappies are your best bet as said youll need the engine, ecu, loom, gearbox.
youll also need to change the suspension for the extra weight
brakes might be worth looking at the mk3 vr6 golf

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back