Self isolating and beating boredom in the emergency.

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Fortunately we live on acreage so we are not confined to a small apartment or similar so there are many things to help keep busy like weeding,mowing and painting as we have decided to change the colour of the7 foot high timber screens around our 3 courtyards that well take many hours over a week or so to sand and prep them for 2 coats of the new colour paint.

After doing my daily chores I sometime take my regoed track car and go for a drive by myself to keep my co-ordination and manual car skills at a reasonable level seeing all motorsport events are banned 'till the Carona virus emergency is over.

So what are you all doing to beat the boredom and being confined to your homes ?

Last edited:
Using Zoom to hold meet ups with friends, we've done pub quizzes, charades and even watched concert streams over you tube together.

well iv got a 4 year old son to keep me on my toes every day as the wife is a key worker being out 11-12 hours 5-6 days a week.

im a self employed painter and decorator and theres a few jobs i want to do at home, mainly decorate bathroom and master bedroom, paint ceiling in lounge and tidy the woodwork up plus paint hallway ceiling.

i also want to get the garage floor painted as its been one of them jobs iv wanted to do since moving in here in 2017.

otherwise just going for a walk locally and out in the garden/drive playing football etc with the lad,

i do have a job to go on this and next weekend its on an empty house absolutely no contact with anyone so very minimum risk etc so at least i can get out for a bit.

Well 2 courtyard screens finished with 2 coats of paint.

We have been having poor water pressure and decided to remove the preasure limiting valve at the fence line.
that is buried 600mm /2 feet deep so out with my old Hitachi electric jackhammer to get at the buried pipe then off to buy some pipe and fittings and after a couple of hours hard yakka (Aussie for work) and now the missus said she almost took off backwards from the higher pressure when she decided to water her pot plants and flowers.

So then off to buy a new battery for the race car and install it then rewarded myself with an 1/2 hour drive in isolation in the nice fitting Recaro type seats and came home all :)es.Only get reminded that I am no longer a young chap when I get in out of the car.

Last edited:
@TCJBOLDIE sounds like you have got plenty to be getting on with, like i say saying to a few mates/family etc if there any positives to take from this situation its we can get any of these jobs that have been put off for a while done.

Andy I'm not rushing to finish them all at once and if I have to head off for more supplies I sometimes take the Type R and get into the Vtec when entering the on ramps to the highway and that cheers me up and makes me :D

Have finished repainting my car carrying trailer including the loading ramps as the paint was faded and I like my things to look good and not rusty and neglected like many I see at some events.

Been busy then!

I got to clearing out the garage, I'm about 20% done, I dare say at the end of this there might even be room for a car!

Been working since my 14th birthday and like to be busy with odd jobs now and I think it helps keep me going as I want to wear out not rust away ;)

I've been attaching our vacuum cleaner to my power sander and I've killed the motor in it! EPIC FAIL, I have an unhappy wife! Just ordered a new motor from ebay so I'll be doing some electronics in the next few days trying to fix it.

Restrictions are slowly being wound down so among other things can drive 50 klm radial distance from home and 100klm next weekend so there is definatly a bright light at the end of the tunnel now |B :)

Well all the protesters marching tells me that all the fools marched and defied the safe distancing rules to test if it is safe for the law abiding people to leave their homes.

Can't but note that there is always seems to be a big protest etc when a person of color dies at the hands of police BUT no marching or destroying property and looting when a white woman in her PJ's was shot and killed by a black policeman.in the USA\B

Belive me all this Corona thing is a fake, maybe the disease exists but is not as dangerous as they cleaim and not an excuse for what they do, they are terrorising the entire population and bringing to risk your well being. In my country they ask you to be home but they wont give you financial aid, and those that were given came out only companies and people close to politicans got them. seems we are gonna die from hunger, rather than from Corona...

Well the loony BLM mob of protesters (that defied restrictions put in place to help protect the public) trying to glorify a convicted felon in America with a long rap sheet appear to have started the 2nd wave of the virus in 1 state that has led to their borders being closed and now further restrictions being placed on another state all of that has led th the motor racing teams plus 2 football codes all being relocated in my home state of Queensland "The sunshine State" as we have no new infections. All of this has led to unemployment, businesses closing with many never to reopen ,damage to the economy that will take years for things to get back to some semblance of normality.

ALL LIVES MATTER IMO

Am off to my local car club for their first event of the year to be a flag marshal something that I have done for many years since I stopped competing on the dirt but still enter tarmac events.

Last edited:
Well the loony BLM mob of protesters (that defied restrictions put in place to help protect the public) trying to glorify a convicted felon in America with a long rap sheet appear to have started the 2nd wave of the virus in 1 state that has led to their borders being closed and now further restrictions being placed on another state all of that has led th the motor racing teams plus 2 football codes all being relocated in my home state of Queensland "The sunshine State" as we have no new infections. All of this has led to unemployment, businesses closing with many never to reopen ,damage to the economy that will take years for things to get back to some semblance of normality.

ALL LIVES MATTER IMO

Am off to my local car club for their first event of the year to be a flag marshal something that I have done for many years since I stopped competing on the dirt but still enter tarmac events.

Honestly, there is racism among American police, so police in America requires reforms that is for sure. But the protests are going in the wrong path.

I agree that no one or organisation is perfect BUT when it comes down to it the vast majority of deaths/murders/killings of African Americans is by their own kind.

Over here in Australia I can't believe how many stupid people who are defying our border closures and attempting to cross them giving false information despite the threat of heavy fines plus the younger set who seem bent on partying and ignoring health warnings.

I am convinced that they are a self centered lot of dangerous fools that lead me to think that there is no cure for stupid. .V( :mad:

Moderators feel free to delete if inappropriate .

Over here in Australia I can't believe how many stupid people who are defying our border closures and attempting to cross them giving false information despite the threat of heavy fines plus the younger set who seem bent on partying and ignoring health warnings.

I am convinced that they are a self centered lot of dangerous fools that lead me to think that there is no cure for stupid. .V( :mad:

Moderators feel free to delete if inappropriate .
we all have the right to express ourselves even if that is wrong, I don't agree with you on this one.

Our governments along with their chief medical officers are trying to halt the pandemic and have made rules that need to be followed by everyone if the Covid19 virus is to be beaten and people who chose to ignore them and go out to party or protest and not adhere to social distancing rules are IMO dangerous fools who seem to lack common sense in these trying times.

69 I'm ok with you and anyone else with a different opinion as everyone is entitled to have one even if incorrect or disagrees with mine.

Our governments along with their chief medical officers are trying to halt the pandemic and have made rules that need to be followed by everyone if the Covid19 virus is to be beaten and people who chose to ignore them and go out to party or protest and not adhere to social distancing rules are IMO dangerous fools who seem to lack common sense in these trying times.

69 I'm ok with you and anyone else with a different opinion as everyone is entitled to have one even if incorrect or disagrees with mine.

Is it really such neccessery to take all those restrictions and take the freedom of the people away, or is that actually the goal of this so called pandemic. people know if they are at risk, they will seek help themselves, but all this is nonsense, It seems to me more like an experiment of how much can governments control the people instead of the virus, really which governments gives a thing about our health? they have let people and people die for nothing, and just like that they care about our health? Nope, I would rather die from Corona than have my freedoms taken away from a nonsense.

Just to steer this thread back on topic, what have you guys been upto with all this time?

I've been learning to play guitar over the last 2 months, and really enjoying it.

I've done some pretty big diy jobs on the house, from building a wall and mounting our TV on it, to cutting away the wall below the stairs to open up the storage and gain some space.

In the garden we've been growing lots of veg and fruit. I can't help but feel the food supply is going to come under pressure from lack of workers in peak season, to adverse weather conditions causing crops to fail and all the issues there will be transporting goods over borders.

Found a great set of 18X8's for my road tyres so had them removed from the factory 18x7.5's and sold the factory wheels in a short time.
Love taking the Mouse (2011 Honda Type R) out for a weekly drive to enjoy how it revs so smoothly and changing gears as well as doing DDC H&T rev matching down changes <B and I come home all:D

FYI for those who are new to TC my DD is an auto 4x4 dual cab diesel ute and the Honda is my road registered motorsport /track day car.

I've been learning to Jive and rock and roll with my wife! it's been great fun and a bit of exercise. Have also crossed off loads from my todo lists.

Sadly I am hopeless at dancing .V(

Have been chasing info on track day pads that also have good cold bite to find a good all rounder as the car is driven a little on the road but at some events there is no warm up lap so am braking anywhere between 100 & 160 kph for the first 90 corner.

Don't need then now but like to have a spare set on hand as always check pad wear after an event when refitting the road wheels.

2 track days and they are worn down to app 4mm :eek:

Would be ok for quite a few thousand street klm's but need to be replaced before the next event.