Seat toledo power problem

DARREN1977

seat toledo 2.4 v5, i have put a full induction kit on and put a cannon on the back and now i have no power, have tried putting in a back box onto the cannon and still having power loss. any idea's???

Hi Darren and welcome to TorqueCars. Did the problems start when you added the induction kit or afterwards?

Did you reconnect the air flow meter properly? Is the air flow meter fouled up with oil?

Is it a loss of power all through the rev range or just a flat spot at the top end? How long has the induction kit been on? Does the car have a catalyst or has this been removed? Is the Lambda sensor still working properly?

I wonder if the injectors can't supply enough fuel for the induction kit - try it with a standard air filter and see what happens. At least you'll know if it is the engine itself or an induction kit related problem.

It started when we put the exhaust on, rev's upto 3000 ok then goes flat, no power from gear change, and wont go over 5000 rev's. induction kit has been on for a while and caused no problems. the car is rally spec and tuned by the seat rally team before i brought it.

Hi Darren and welcome to TorqueCars. Did the problems start when you added the induction kit or afterwards?

Did you reconnect the air flow meter properly? Is the air flow meter fouled up with oil?

Is it a loss of power all through the rev range or just a flat spot at the top end? How long has the induction kit been on? Does the car have a catalyst or has this been removed? Is the Lambda sensor still working properly?

I wonder if the injectors can't supply enough fuel for the induction kit - try it with a standard air filter and see what happens. At least you'll know if it is the engine itself or an induction kit related problem.

Perhaps it is the Lambda sensor in the exhaust then. Was this removed/replaced? Is it a full exhaust system or just a cat back system?

We did not remove any sensor, it was only the back box we replaced. thought it might be back pressure so fitted in a golf back box onto cannon and still causing a problem. do you think it could be a tuning issue of a presure problem. with orignal back box on it runs fine.

Perhaps it is the Lambda sensor in the exhaust then. Was this removed/replaced? Is it a full exhaust system or just a cat back system?

The flow through the engine is a question of balance. The induction kit and exhaust work together. It is possible that the freer flowing exhaust is causing the engine to run lean (lack of back pressure will certainly also come into it.)

Can you measure the A/FR? A diagnostic will show if this is the case.

What is the bore of the exhaust? I would say it needs to be at the most 2-2.5 inches maximum for a 2.5 engine.

If the engine is running lean is to increase the fuelling and this will give you a lot of extra power.

Good idea - you get the look but keep the same airflow! Keep us posted. Feel free to get stuck into our other threads - always interested to hear fresh opinions.;)