Seat Leon 150 TDi Tuning

Gunslingermonk

Wrench Pro
Car
Seat Leon -150- TDI
Hello guys/gals, I am brand new to this and purchased my first TDI on Saturday which happened to be the 150 break leon cupra. I am Chuffed with it :bigsmile:. However, I am looking to mod it looks wise slightly but performance wise massively. I apologize for my 'Noobness' but I know very little about cars and need all the help I can get. Any suggestion would be fantastic and I am grateful for any help received.

Thanks,
Luke

It's torque which will hurt the clutch not BHP. If you stay within 300lbft you should be OK but it's likely to need replacing sooner than it would in stock tune.

Don't be tempted with a solid flywheel - stick with a DMF

no the DMFs are crap. if you want to retain the DMF youll need to change it along with the clutch. if theres any wear or play in it itll wreak the new clutch in no time. down side is its around £500 for the DMF then the cltuch and fitting on top.
as its the 6spd box theres no cheap option as there is on the 5spd models but ill go against HDI here and say look at a SMF conversion. at least it saves you having to folk out for another DMF if your keeping the car for a while.

Upgrades after the remap your looking at the likes of "race" injectors the PD system utilises a mini pump in the injector itself to get the pressure so dearer than your normal injectors. and bigger turbo.
the 150 will have the 312mm brake setup so a set of decent pads will be all thats required unless you feel like going down the brembo route. 2 options avalible custom carriers and the callipers from a 911. these will fit onto your 312mm discs. or the actual brembos from the cupra R with 323mm discs

So none of the upgrades need to be done before the re map? What would the benefits be of converting to a SMF?

Could you possibly post some links or pictures to some of the items youve listed as I have absoloutly no idea where to look.

Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks.

benifits to the SMF conversion. no dmf !!! cheaper to repair in the future only need the clutch kit.
downside slightly more vibrations. although its a common mod on the taxis that do intergalactic miles. theres several that had DMF failures around 40k SMF fitted and now over 200k with no other issues.

id say make sure you have money set aside for the clutch if theres any feeling of slipage at all. ill have a look for links later on for the clutches

Ah right fair enough, so are DMF's likely to fail then?I will definitely look at converting. Thank you for your help.

I dont feel any slippage at the minute, I only purchased the car on Sat so it may be the case that someone has fitted a new clutch before. I remember them saying about a clutch. Ill check, but how will I know whether they have converted or not already?

A DMF protects the whole drive train. It isolates the crankshaft from the rest of the transmission too - this especailly important with powerful four cylinder diesel cars.

I would never swap in a solid flywheel in any car.