Seat ibiza 1.9 tdi

S

Syds273

hey ive got a 1.9 tdi sport (100bhp) and been thinking about getting it remapped. Anyone remapped their car and think its worth it? Will i see a huge difference in power and also fuel efficieny? Shall i just wait and then buy an FR!

Hey and welcome,

apparently, so I have learnt here so far that if you change the panel filter for a performance version and get it remapped you should see quite significant gains in terms of bhp, torque and mpg, some turbo diesels see upto 30% extra power depending on the map.
It is worth it, just get it done by someone you trust and has a good reputation

take a look around the forum there's a wealth of info available on the subject

Last edited:
you should see around 120-130bhp and a good wollop of torque. although not the best engine it will be a big improvement and well worth the £300 odd

I may as well make my first post worth while then.

The FR is an awesome bit of kit I have the 1968cc Leon TDI FR and the first thing I done was get a pipercross panel filter, remap and sports exhaust and the gain was staggering! The BHP went from 170 standard to about 210 with the remap and the exhaust threw in another 5 horses for good measure. (all with around 350 lb of tourqe)

It's a tough call as the FR obviously has more power as standard than the normal TDI so your best option is to weigh up how you feel about the car i.e. would you be happy seeing an FR drop you at a set of lights when you've spent the money on a remap and filter when you could just have got the FR and put the remap on it instead? Also whats the difference in insurance?

Personally I'd defo get the FR!!!

I may as well make my first post worth while then.

The FR is an awesome bit of kit I have the 1968cc Leon TDI FR and the first thing I done was get a pipercross panel filter, remap and sports exhaust and the gain was staggering! The BHP went from 170 standard to about 210 with the remap and the exhaust threw in another 5 horses for good measure. (all with around 350 lb of tourqe)

It's a tough call as the FR obviously has more power as standard than the normal TDI so your best option is to weigh up how you feel about the car i.e. would you be happy seeing an FR drop you at a set of lights when you've spent the money on a remap and filter when you could just have got the FR and put the remap on it instead? Also whats the difference in insurance?

Personally I'd defo get the FR!!!

Greetings and Welcome! ;)

A remap will only set you back 2 or 300 quid and will see you around 130 or 140bhp on your tdi100, so it's worth doing even if you dont have the car long.

To be fair Yugguy does make a point. My remap was only £300 sheets and was well worth it and it should see 100 horses turn in to about 135 pretty easily. I would change the air filter first though maybe going for a panel filter and that will only bring your spend up to around £340.

When you look at that vs the cost of buying an FR it's probably worth it but again it's about what you want from the car!