Scooby gearbox rough on idle

juliushonda

Car
2003 Subaru WRX
Hi guys,I recently bought my first Subaru WRX and was wondering why the gearbox is kind of harsh when standing still at a robot.Whenever I want to select first it scratches a little.

Re: Scooby gearbox

Hi guys,I recently bought my first Subaru WRX and was wondering why the gearbox is kind of harsh when standing still at a robot.Whenever I want to select first it scratches a little.

Never really had any problems like that with mine to be honest, have you checked the little dip stick for the gearbox oil to make sure theres enough fluid in?

I've moved this thread to Subaru so more people with Subarus will see it. (It will just get lost in general chat otherwise!)

Last edited:

WRXASH,
Have you had your scooby for a long time? Has it given you any problems?
Mine is stock standard but I'm going for an exhaust upgrade at the end of feb.We've got T$T Exhausts here in SA who make performance exhausts. I'm gonna go for a 63mm,maybe stainless steel,don't know yet.What do you think?

WRXASH,
Have you had your scooby for a long time? Has it given you any problems?
Mine is stock standard but I'm going for an exhaust upgrade at the end of feb.We've got T$T Exhausts here in SA who make performance exhausts. I'm gonna go for a 63mm,maybe stainless steel,don't know yet.What do you think?

Alright mate, i have had mine since beginning of novermber last year so only a few month really. i bought a D-cat full system from Magnex and it sounds really well and looks mint (went for the 6x4 oval tailpipe aswel), i also have the K&N typhoon induction kit which has a certain sound when revving and really goes well with the Forge motorsport dump valve (was going to get a baileys dump valve but heard they was pretty similar and the place near me had the Forge one on shelf). not really had many problems with gearbox it is sometimes a little stiff to get into 1st gear when stopped but not hard as in you have to force it. i did find tho my gearbox oil was a little low so jus topped it up