Scam or not?

nadie0212

Car
Saab 9-3
Hi y’all,

I toke my car last weekend to refill the aircon, in the garage they connected the car to a machine; in 1 hour I had aircon again. All good to go

Yesterday, five days later, there is no aircon, the gas is all gone. Now, I guess there is a leak somewhere, what I don’t understand is how the machine didn’t detect the leak (I was told the machine that recharges the aircon can test the system).

Did the guys in the garage screw me to make me go twice? Or is it just a “normal thing” that the machine cannot detect? They gave me a 2 month warranty in the aircon charge, I’m a new driver, don’t really know what that means.

Any input, comment or opinion is welcome, before I call the garage and I say something stupid.

Sorry you've had a bad experience, it does sound like a leak from the system. It is reasonable to expect them to check this before filling it up again so you should IMO deserve a free regas.

However if there is a split, or leak you would be reasonably expected to pay for this repair but still get a free regas as they should have spotted this.

Have a chat with them and see if they are straight up. Most garages are, the few bad ones make people wary. If you don't get any joy, post back here and we will advise you further. Don't go in threatening them or creating a scene, leave this for the bad guys that need extra motivation.

Thanks for the reply, I'm spanish... we live creating scenes, I want a more calmed approach, and what you say seems reasonable to me. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Now I have to take it to the kwik fit in Gravesend to find the leak, and when is fixed they will refill it for me.