saxo vtr thrust bearing noise.

gaznor1976

Car
saxo vtr
hi all...just wondering if anyone can advise me on how to stop my thrust bearing making a slight noise when the clutch is not pressed in...its not really loud but is annoying as i have not long had a new clutch kit put in and is now making a little wirring noise..also i now have a slight click/clunk from the nearside when i set off or reverse, any body have any ideas please...many thanks gaz.:confused: sorry guys hit wrong button meant to say saxo (doh!)lol

Last edited:
When they fitted a new clutch did they change this bearing and did they fit a new cable etc?

For the cost and hassle I think I would choose to live with it.:(

So this noise is not evident when the clutch is pressed? What about when it is in gear rather than neutral?

the noise is when standing still..when the clutch is pressed the noise goe,s....also i noticed if i do not touch the clutch and move the gear stick to the right there is a winding sound aswell but when i press the clutch all the noises disapear...thanks wayne

u will probably find the input shaft bearing is noisy,comes as standard with most french gearboxes,my vtr has only done 38,000 and is slightly noisy,they can last for years like this so dont worry.
hope this helps
chris