saxo dials

rob1468

Tuner
Car
saxovtr/mazda bongo
well just bought these from fleabay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120528908998&_trkparms=tab=Watching have got the blue led bulbs to replace the clear normal bulbs on the dash dials , will this be too much with these dials ?? , will i have to use normal bulbs or will the blue leds enhance the lighting of the new dials , also will i have to remove the needles to fit these dials ?? anyone help will be mucho appreciated
cheers rob and karen

Last edited:
Nah they will be nice and blue without changing the lights mate. My old man has blue lockwoods on his Supra and they're BLUE. Here are the dials in my Punto with the standard lights:

DSC_0012-1.jpg

Colourful and bright enough for anybody!

to be honest i wouldnt waste your time with the blue bulbs, they are generally for car that cannot get aftermarket dials, as yiou see in the punto pic the aftermarket dials are made so they use the original bulb to illuminate th dials different colours

are they lockwood dials auron?

id like to get some for my xsara, cant find them anywhere, so im wondering if the saxo vtr ones will fit ¬_¬

Nah mate they're from a company called Visual Performance and avaliable on ebay for the Punto at least, not sure about the Xsara.

Did you get these bults and dials fitted Rob? Be interesting to see how they turned out.

Nah mate they're from a company called Visual Performance and avaliable on ebay for the Punto at least, not sure about the Xsara.

Did you get these bults and dials fitted Rob? Be interesting to see how they turned out.

Yeh got them fitted today as a matter of fact , didnt fit the blue bulbs as i thought its a big rigmarow to take it apart twice , the dials came with some good instructions , i took the original dials off and put the lockwoods on and it looks very good , was quite fiddly to do at some parts but managed ,will get a pic when i get chance and put it up , overall it took about an hour from taking it off to putting it back on that included cleaning the glue from the originals off before fitting the white , and i thought it was a good buy as you get all 4 dials and then you have extras which fit the 106

here is one of the dials fitted
P213501_27-02-10.jpg

very pleased

Last edited:
Look ace chap. Have to get som pics of them all lighted up. They bright blue enough for you?

They dont seem as blue as i thought , but it could be that the bulbs are old so maybe need changing, the wifes happy thats the main thing , she never looks at the dials anyways only to see how much fuel she has to burn pmsl