saxo dash bulbs

rob1468

Tuner
Car
saxovtr/mazda bongo
Right i have the petrol guage dash light not working , are they the led type bulbs or the flat blade bulbs that just pull out from the holder , also do i have to take the steering wheel off to get the dash out ??
any help appreciated , im hoping they are the latter as i cant solder for toffee pmsl and then if thet are the flat blade type i may try to find another colour to go in as i have the blue colour dash face i thought maybe green or blue bulbs ??
what do you guys think ??
cheers rob

It depends on the year but there are 2 screws behind the ignition cowls. Unscrew these and undo the screw at the top as well and you will be able to pull the trim free.

You will now see another 3 screws which hold in the dials, pull out the dials unplugging them from the back and the bulbs should just twist out.

It depends on the year but there are 2 screws behind the ignition cowls. Unscrew these and undo the screw at the top as well and you will be able to pull the trim free.

You will now see another 3 screws which hold in the dials, pull out the dials unplugging them from the back and the bulbs should just twist out.

cheers waynne ,
its R reg so 98 i think , i have a feeling they are the twist out bulbs not the leds soldered on , i have found these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370258400240&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Only thing is i aready have blue dials so dont know if these will work well , but if they dont then a set of white will have to be got instead and fitted

cheers rob

Well have bought the above bulbs (in the post above) and will be having a go at relacing them on the weekend , what i need to know is the steering wheel has an airbag , when i pull the center of (airbag ) and disconnect it its not going to go off , (never dealt with these before lol ) then take the steering wheel of and removal of dash surround and then clocks and then reversal does this sound right ??
cheers in advance
rob