Saxo 1.1 Turbo?

joelbaron

Car
Saxo 1.1 Desire
Right so i recently got myself a saxo 1.1, its a great little car but it was a massively downsized engine size and it just doesnt get going, obviously it doesnt have a turbo or anything on it, so can someone give me some tips on how to make it just go a little faster, btw im on a limited budget.
thanks

Hello and Welcome to Torquecars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

To be honest mate you'll not see much more bhp without spending loads of ££££'s.
Unless your up for an engine swap i'd be saving the pennies for a car with a bigger engine.

Yeah i wish i could get a bigger car but gotta wait it out, ive got a turbo piece that would fit my saxo but what else would i need to get the most out of it?

Hello and welcome to the site mate

whats the turbo piece ?

to get the most outa it

lots of cold air towards a low resistance filter
larger valves
fast road cam
gas flowed head
higher compression pistions
tubular manifold
sports or decat
exhaust with as little restriction as possible
mapping

if your needing to wait for a bigger engine because of insurance then the above will kill you off trying to insure that.

i know its not great but id save as much money as you can for a year then look at changing enignes / car

Which particular turbo piece do you have? Is it one of these?

349266941HZrRRg_ph.jpg

Or one of these?

KKK%20K14%20Compressor%20Wheel.jpg

Or maybe even one of these:

3%20inch%20comp%20inlet.jpg

Alright mate, tbh nothing you do will get your little 1.1 faster. Get a good induction kit, cold air feed, performance manifold and full performance exhaust system and your still only talking 5bhp max and will still cost you around £600. Its pointless getting a turbo but it is possible, Cit-Tuning to a basic turbo kit for Saxo's thats around £3000 if I'm right? But thats just the turbo, you then have to think about uprated brakes, suspension, etc. I know someone who has done it, goes like stink but the car is very unreliable!

I'm guessing your only 17 or 18 atm? If I was you I would wait a few years, make her look the part and then upgrade your car. If you look at my progress thread, she looks as she does and I think I have spent £150 tops and I think she looks rather respectable :)

If I were you i'd drop the money on suspension mods and enjoy the great handling. I think we've all spent loads of money on our first cars.