Safe Car seats for Children

Jason Azzopardi

Torque Junkie
Car
Sonata 2.0L
Hey guys!!! It may seem a stupid question but its safety wise))) I'm due to purchase a baby seat for my daughter from 9months to 3years. I was considering Maxi Cosi Priori Isofix. Does anyone of you own this type of seat???? Is it safe, comfortable and relieble seat?????

I believe that size is appropriate to the age of the child. Some ages need rear facing seats as well. Over here we have a BS kite mark which guarantees the seat is safe to use. Hopefully someone on here with experience in this can help out.

ok, so anyone know for a 5month old if i have to have a car seat or not? will be back over in June with the little one and so will get this arranged beforehand?

all child seats are tested for saftey now, its how its installed is the key to your childs saftey

not alot of people set them up properly

You mentioned Isofix. Any seat with isofix mountings is far superior to the conventional type which is restrained by adult seat belts.

Consult the vehicle manufacturer for best advice and recommended seats.

I have lots of concerns regarding chld seats restrained by adult seat belts. Especially with the booster seats required by older children who are under a certain [arbitrarily detemined] height and/or weight.

In the unfortunate event of a severe impact, the seat belt pre-tensioners might well fling the seat sideways from under the child and send the child diagonally forward from their seated position. An adult belt alone would not do this if correctly adjusted and fitted.

Inertia type belts are not activated according to the mass of the wearer - it seems that everyone involved in the passing of such silly UK legislation has no understanding of physics.

Isofix is doing an amazing job...also I saw a Kiddy Comfort Pro which is good as well :amuse: (it`s for 6 months- 4 years)